It's Cold Outside (Horror Sans x Kind Reader)

Requested by: LittleOreoRaven67

The cold, desolate snow land surrounded you completely. The chilling breeze attacking your body.
Yet you kept hope.

After leaving poor old Toriel behind the ruin doors, you sought out shelter and hopefully, a way out.
Even when you could no longer feel your legs, you continued on.

Eventually, you come across a stand of sorts. The snow around it a dark shade of red. You shivered as you figured that it was more then likely blood. You cautiously approach it and see a couple axes in the back, several hotdog buns, and......human limbs.

You hold in a gag as you quickly stumble back, only to bump into something behind you. You quickly turn to face whatever it was.
It was just a tree.

Laughing a bit at yourself, you continued along the path. As you walked along, it became dark and you couldn't see anything.
A big mass of dead trees caught your eye. You'd rest here for a bit.

Breaking off the smoothest branches you could find, you layed them down on the snowy ground until it was big enough for you to lay on. Then, you took the biggest branches you could carry and made yourself a makeshift roof. Satisfied with your temporary resting place, you crawl inside and make yourself as comfortable as possible.
You fall asleep.

••••••••••••••••••••

Footsteps crunching through the snow woke you from your slumber and you held your breath, backing up into your sticks as much as you could. It was still dark out.

The sound of something dragging behind the steps soon made itself clear as the sounds grew closer and closer.

Through the small cracks between the twings, you make out a glowing red light. Almost as soon as you spot it, it seemes to look right back at you.
It suddenly felt colder than before.

"Looks like we got ourselves a smart one huh?" A low, chilling voice speaks. The red light, now an eye. You remain silent.

Then you here something cutting though the air at a remarkable speed, crashing down onto your makeshift bed. It almost hit you.

Now with half of your cover gone, whatever it is takes a couple more steps towards you and crouches down.
It's a skeleton.

Said skeleton grins widely at you, but all you feel is terror. You are unable to move. The skeleton just chuckled as he grabs you by the neck and drags you out, holding you out in front of him.

You struggle in his grasp, trying to get any air at all into your now burning lungs. Just as your about to black out, he let's go and you fall to the ground. You take in huge breaths until you're breathing is back to normal and you look up at the skeleton again.

He was just staring at you. One of his hands buried in his empty socket. That's when you also see the huge hole in the side of his head.
Your inner caring side suddenly took over. He was about to say something but you cut him off.

"Oh my, are you ok?" You ask, getting up so you could speak to him properly.
He seemed baffled but soon seemed to have an answer.

"Uh...are ya talkin 'bout this?" He asked, pointing a boney finger at the missing chunk of his head.

"Yeah, are you in any pain?" You ask, getting just an inch closer to him. You kept your eye on the axe that he still had in his hand.

"...no, I've had it for a while now. No pain." He answered back, sort of tense. You surprised him and yourself with your complete change from fear to worry. Worry for Him, mind you.

"Alright, if you say so." You said, dropping the subject once you knew he wasn't in any pain.

With the fearful atmosphere completely gone, Horror found no reason to try to kill you. Least, not now.
He decided to see what type of personality you had.
Not that he really cared or anything.

"Would ya like to come over to my house? It's better then your pile of sticks." The skeleton asked you, swinging his sharp axe over his shoulder. You gave a slow nod after looking back to see your stick structure destroyed anyways.

As you walked through the dark forest with the skeleton, you figured that you'd ask what his name was.

"So, what's your name?" You ask, still a bit nervous to be so close to someone that almost killed you.

"Horror." He answered plainly. Great, cue the awkward silence.

"That's.....a nice name." You said, hoping to keep the conversation going. You hear him groan a bit.

"Thanks. Now, your name." Horror said, obvious going along with your need to talk on the way to his home. You took the chance anyways.

"I'm (Y/N) but you can just call me (N/N)." You offered, wishing to get on his good side. Not only to keep yourself alive, but to satisfy your internal need to try to be friends.

"Heh, sounds nice. Maybe I will." Horror said, tapping a boney finger to his chin.

Before more could be said, you passed an old, torn sign. It was still to dark to read anything on it bit all the tears you could see on it told you that you probably couldn't read anything on it anyways. Horror stopped in front of a house. Must be his.

Horror walked up the steps and motioned for you to follow him. After a bit of hesitation, you entered and let put a yelp when the door slammed shut behind you.

"Ha, forgot ta tell ya 'bout the door." He said, chuckling as he put his axe down by the door.

"Ha ha, very funny." You said very awkwardly. He gave you a strange look.

...........

"Anyhow, you can get comfy of that couch over there." Horror moved on, pointing at a very sad looking couch.
Oh well, beggers can't be choosers.

You sat down and inwardly cringed at the squishy sound it produced. You didn't have the nerve to see what it was.
Horror then came at sat next to you. The tv flicked to life, just barely, as he pressed a button on a cracked remote.

You didn't pay attention to what was on the tv since you became sleepy again. You did your best to stay up.
Unfortunately, sleep won and you drifted off.

As you slept, Horror had yet to know you had even lost consciousness until he felt weight on him.
Slightly startled, he looked over and saw that you had leaned on him in your sleep.

Had it been anyone else, he would of shoved them off him, but something stopped him. He actually wasn't sure what he felt when he stared at your sleeping face.

The concern that you showed him back in the woods threw his usual behavior off course. Thinking more about it now, he lost his hunger to kill you.
How could someone show kindness to him literally seconds after almost being murdered by him?

Horror was at a loss once again as he felt heat rise to his cheek bones when you wrapped your arms around his arm.

You shivered in your slumber. Horror's house didn't have a heater. Of course it didn't bother him since he was a skeleton, but it also didn't help that there were holes on the home. Not exactly ideal for keeping in heat.

With as much gentleness as he could, Horror moved enough to shrug off his jacket and place it on you. His hand brushed one of your arms and he felt just how cold you were.

He finally willed himself to use some of his kindness that he had before Frisk left.

He quickly slipped away to grab a blanket and came back to you with it. Laying you down, he layed behind you and covered you both with the fluffiest blanket he could find. Your cold body immediately got closer to him, feeling the comfortable warmth.
Horror let you.

After all, it was still cold outside.