Thread By Thread (Error x Reader)

Requested by: _suger_high_

You took in a deep breath of air while you sat in the open grassy feild.
You were waiting for Error.

Ever since that fateful day, you and the glitchy skeleton would meet once or twice a week in this very feild.
You decide to think about how you first met while you sat there.

××××××××××××××××××

You had woken up to see white. As you lay there, your back flat on the ground, you blinked a few times to make sure you were really awake.

Sitting up, you noticed you weren't the only person here. Within the vast whiteness, you could see that there were at least 40 other people here. All of them looked just as confused as you were.

That's when you saw him.

He came down from.....well up, in what looked to be a hammock. The different thing about it though, was that it seemed to be made of string. As he descended, everyone's attention was solely on him. He let out a glitched chuckle.

"G-G-Glad tO sEE tHAt alL yOu DisGUsting-ing HumANs aRe AwAKe." The dark skeleton greeted you all.
You and the other humans continued to look as he continued speaking.

"I-I-I kNow yOu'RE pRoBaBLy wonDERing wHAt YoU're DOing-ing HeRE. WElL, ItS s-S-s-siMPle really."
He then extended both his arms and blue strings shot out, wrapping around everyone's souls.
It was very painful.

"I-I-I've BEen mEAn-meAnIng-ING to adD YOU to my-my collection."
With that said, multiple soul colors you've never even heard of were lifted up to him.

The people they belonged to were writhing on the ground, several in tears while they begged him to stop. He just laughed and watched them suffer.

"I-I'll sT-st-stARt wiTh you-yOU and tHEn we can wor-RK up to the rARe-rareST soULs here." The skeleton continued before he was suddenly knocked away by something quick.

When the dark skeleton recovered, he started fighting with another skeleton. This one was white and had interesting eyes. His main weapon seemed to be a huge brush and some paint.

After the battle, and after the white skeleton knocked out the dark one, you learned that his name was Ink while the other was Error.

Ink had safely taken everyone else back to their homes but when he offered you his hand, you politely rejected it. You'll always remember the confusion on his face.

"But why would you want to stay here? Error is a very dangerous being." Ink tried to sway you. You simply stood your ground.

"I'll be fine, I just have this....this feeling." You had said, not really knowing how to describe it. Ink gave a slight frown but nodded after a bit before he dissapeared.

You looked back at the unconscious Error, going over and taking a seat neat him. You waited till he woke up.

Even to this day you have no idea why you stayed. All you knew is that as soon as you saw him, you just felt the need to stay with him. There was something wrong that your soul told you YOU could fix. Without doing anymore than looking at him you knew he was lonely.
Scared.
Sad.
So you stayed.

××××××××××××××××××

"(Y/N)?" Error called, waving his hand in front of your face.

"O-Oh, hey Error. I was just thinking." You admitted, patting the ground next to you where you wanted Error to sit.

"Re-ReaLLy? I've bee-E-En tHInk-ThinKing asWEll..." Error said, taking a seat on the ground next to you. This was already a good sign for today.

"About what, if I may ask." You said, stretching out a hand for him to take. He looked at it, glitching for a sec before he gently put his hand in your open one. Good.

"Ju-JUst the DAy-aY we meT-t-t." He said simply, turning the hand placing into a hand shake.

"Funny, that's exactly what I was just thinking about." You confessed, pleased with the progress Error was showing.

He let go of your hand after about 3 seconds and you both just looked at each other. Error had a light yellow blush dusting his cheekbones while you were sure your face was doing the same, but red.

After Error woke up, he was livid that Ink took all the souls he was planning on adding to his collection but once he saw that you stayed on your own accord, he seemed rather confused.

He let you go back home but you asked if you could be friends or at least met him more often. After a while of him thinking it over, he agreed.

Within the first few days of getting to know Error better, you learned that he had Haphephobia, which is the fear of being touched. And throughout the past few weeks, you were helping him get used to contact. However, during that time, some things started to develop in you.

For the past 3 weeks you're sure you've developed a sort of crush on Error. Though, having never felt this feeling before stopped you from really doing anything about it.

"You want to try a hug again?" You asked, breaking the eye contact as you looked down and opened your arms.

"Uh, I g-G-guESs." He responded. You heard him shift a bit closer and you could hear his glitching as he neared you.

After a second or two, Error had wrapped his arms around you and you slowly put your arms around him aswell.
So far so good, he hasn't crashed yet.

When you went to pull back from the hug, you were surprised when you felt Error pull you back to him. In fact, he squeezed you tighter.

"Uh, Error, what are you doing?" You asked him, panicking a bit on the inside as you blushed heavily.

"I n-neED to tELl-ell yOU some-somEThinG, (Y/N)." He answered, his fingers gripping the shirt on your back. He was blushing immensely too.

"What is it?" You simply ask, your heart speeding up the longer he held you.

"I-I-I Love you." Error confessed, turning his head and placing his teeth on your cheek before he finally pulled away. Now, he sat nervously in front of you, waiting for your answer.

After getting over you shock, you responded as fast as you could.

"I love you too Error!" You practically yelled as you let him know you felt the same way. He smiled and let out a sigh of relief.

This time, you moved closer to him. You stopped in front on him, looking down at his teeth before looking back up into his eyes.
You always liked his eyes.

Error visibly blushes brighter as he closes his eyes and waits. You'd have to close the gap.

And close the gap you did.