thirty four

"Thank you everyone," Jennie ended her little speech with a cute smile on her face—Lisa's lips were twitching upwards while she applauded along with the others.

All throughout the meeting, she was so focused on Jennie while the brunette discretely glances at her from time to time while presenting.

She was about to approach the feline beauty who's now busy fixing her documents when I felt a hand on her arm.

"Lisa, will you really be like this?"

It was Hee Jin. Lisa has managed to get a seat away from her during the meeting, enabling her to forget about Hee Jin's existence for a while, but now that it's over, she suddenly had no choice but to face her.

"Like what?" Lisa passively answered.

"Being exactly like that! After what happened between us last Friday-"

Lisa looked around briefly, seeing that no one's near them, she pulled Hee Jin through her wrist out of the room so they could talk on a corner.

"Hee Jin," Lisa took a deep breath, then stared at her with sympathetic eyes, "You know I can't offer you anything more than friendship, right?"

"Lisa we're good together, if you could just give us a chance-"

"I can't, I'm sorry," Lisa cut her off.

Tears built up on Hee Jin's eyes, "You kissed me back."

"Before I asked you to leave, yes," Lisa sighed, "I wasn't in my right mind for a second there, Hee Jin, and I'm sorry."

"Why?" Hee Jin asked, pain etched in her voice, "I've waited for you patiently, even when you kept turning me down. Do you think I have no pride? But I still waited because I really, really like you. I know there's a reason why you were sleeping around with so many girls when I first met you and why you were keen on not committing to anyone... but it's been a year, Lisa. If there's someone you couldn't get over with, don't you think it's time to be happy? Why couldn't you give me a chance?"

"Because I wouldn't be happy with someone else," Lisa sincerely answered, her eyes narrowed and serious, her voice low and without hesitation, "I loved her then and I love her still, Hee Jin. I'm sorry but the only chance I'm taking is a second shot with her. We're back together."

That was all it took for Hee Jin to free all her tears, pressing her hand on her lips to stop herself from sobbing uncontrollably.

With a deep, calming sigh, Hee Jin looked up on Lisa after a long silence and with a small smile, "If she makes you happy, then."

A smile grew on Lisa's face, pulling Hee Jin for a short embrace until she saw Jennie looking their way. Their eyes locked on each other. At first Lisa worried that Jennie might misunderstood the circumstance, but relief washed through her when the latter gave her an encouraging nod and smile before walking away.

After a short while, Lisa finally had the chance to visit Jennie's office.

"Good morning Ms. Manoban, can I help you?" Yuri, who was startled upon seeing her, approached her.

Lisa was then reminded of the last time she was here, when Yuri saw them kissing. Embarrassed to be caught on being affection in a work place, she tried to smile, "Is Jennie there?"

"Yes but Mr. Im Jaebeom and Mr. Song Mino are both inside too," Yuri hesitantly answered, "I'll let Ms. Kim know you're here—"

"STOP!" the both of them heard Jennie shout from inside her office.

Lisa's brows furrowed as she stalked towards the door, a panicking Yuri going after her, hesitating whether she should stop the blonde.

And just like what Yuri said, Jaebeom and Mino were there, standing on both sides of Jennie while glaring at each other while the latter looked irritated. The three of them turned to  look at the blonde who barged in.