twenty six

Keep voting and streaming HYLT!

-jennie-

"You're all over the news for the past week already—and wow your office is huge!" Jisoo's eyes wandered around my office in amazement.

"You should see Dad's office. The view is great too," I said.

I turned a page on the papers I'm holding then scanned it briefly before signing.

"How is Uncle?" she asked, sitting on the chair in front if me, my huge desk in between us.

For the first time since she came in, I stopped doing anything just so I can look at my bestfriend... and talk.

God, it felt like years since I last talked to someone about my life—well aside from journalists and reporters. I even had a press conference the other day about filling my father's role for now.

Of course there were criticisms towards my father. There even were some that are thrown towards me because they think I don't deserve the position, and I honestly don't feel confident about it either, but I'm a Kim and I worked hard for this. There's no way they'll see me crumbling.

Also, I'm glad I've become a lot closer to Yuri. Though she's my secretary, we've come to talk so casually that I feel like I finally have a friend at work—of course not when there are other people as she wants to stay professional, even insisting to call me by my surname whenever it's office hours.

"He's cooperating with the investigation. It may take a couple more weeks, and there's a chance that he won't be sentenced behind the bars... but even then I don't think he will be able to just claim back his position here that easy. The boards won't trust him anymore. They don't even like me."

"Hey. It's only normal that you'll have to prove yourself to them, okay?" she reached for my hand and gave me a reassuring smile, "You're Jennie Kim and soon they'll all bow down before you."

I smiled for what felt like years since I last did.

"Thanks Chu. I really needed that, you know? I've been so busy and stressed out lately..."

"And your meeting later, how do you feel about it?"

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Meeting?"

She rolled her eyes, "Oh come on, I know about your meeting with Lisa later. Rosé told me about it—"

"Wait, what?" I leaned towards her, "Meeting with Lisa? I'm meeting with the Jeon groups—"

"Exactly," her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "They're the major business partner of Lisa on her own company, their daughter being Jeon Hee Jin. Remember her?"

My lips parted as I felt the need to gasp for air. That Hee Jin?

"O-Of course... I was just too busy. I didn't know," I gripped the edge of my table.

I'll be working with Lisa directly. Oh God.

Jisoo frowned, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah... It's just," I leaned back on my chair and sighed, "Thanks for telling me. I almost walked on that meeting not knowing my ex is there. At least now I can prepare myself."

"You'll be fine, Jen," she reassures me which I returned with a forced smile.

"About you mentioning Rosé told you," I bit my lip.

Jisoo looked weirdly at me. I'm not sure if it's just me overanalyzing but her face looked pale.

"W-What about Rosé?"