twenty one

-lisa-

"I can't find it Chaeng!" I groaned while rummaging through my things.

"Are you sure that's where you put it?" she asked.

"Hell I am," I cursed, slamming the drawer close as a thought occured to me.

"My parents," I clenched my fist and looked at her.

She instantly have that look of sympathy on her face.

"They fucking took my passport! They already planned everything when they talked to me yesterday dammit!"

"Okay calm down Lis, you can still talk her through this whole New York thing," she tries to calm me.

"I will," I said, trying to even my breathing, "But fuck, I will make sure to follow her everywhere she goes. I'll go straight to my parents' house to get it right after I talk to her."

She gave me a tight hug before tapping my cheeks, "Goodluck. Now go get her."

~

I kept calling her phone and leaving voicemails, but I never got an answer.

My eyes narrowed as I looked at their extravagant house, how it looks lively than usual. Then I saw people dressed in semi-formal attires enter their house, while some are sipping drinks and mingling as I can see on the veranda.

A fucking party?

I got off the car and went to their front door when two men dressed in black suits stopped me.

"Name please," one of them stated.

Fuck.

I'm also just wearing a white sweater and jeans, making it obvious that I don't belong in this party, but I've got to find Jennie.

"She's with me," a man's voice from inside the house said.

I stared at him, questioning why he's helping me while he just winked.

The men then stepped aside to let me in, so I made my way towards him.

"Better be careful, her parents are obviously here," Jaebeom whispered while sipping on his drinks, "It's her mom's birthday after all, and from what I've heard earlier... her farewell party as well."

I clenched my fist.

He stared at me for a while, then sighed, "You didn't know, did you?"

"Doesn't fucking matter. I'll follow her everywhere she goes," I muttered, "Where is she?"

He smiled bitterly, then raised up his glass to the second floor. And there I saw her from up there, alone in a dim part of the place, looking at everyone downstairs but her mind is obviously elsewhere.

(Listen to Wake Up by Eden starting here, if you want to)

I tapped Jaebeom's back as I leave my place, grateful for his help that I didn't expect.

The massive staircase is full of people lost in their own, expensive world. Some were throwing me weird looks because of my casual clothing, but I couldn't care less. Every step I took, while avoiding everyone, my eyes kept going back to her, make sure she wouldn't leave my sight again ever.

 Every step I took, while avoiding everyone, my eyes kept going back to her, make sure she wouldn't leave my sight again ever