twenty

-lisa-

Jennie's scream lingered around the movie house as the sound effects gets into her every time, while I just chuckle beside her.

She's more amusing to watch compared to this crappy thriller movie we're watching.

I slowly removed her grip on my arm so I can wrap it around her while she firmly attaches herself to my side, watching the film by peeking through her fingers covering her face.

"Hey look," I whispered, telling her to lift up her gaze once more to the big screen only to hear her scream again as the timing made her see some scary part.

"God I hate youuu!"

I laughed, catching her fist that she aimed towards me and bringing it to my lips, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry Nini," I whisper on her ear with a smile while she snuggles closer.

"I swear if I get a nightmare..."

"I'll watch you in your sleep and chase away the bad dreams," I grinned, "Plus I'll never let you off my arms tonight. I've got you."

She frowned, looking up on me, "I can't tonight. It's Mom's birthday tomorrow, we'll have a small family gathering."

I nodded, pulling her against me once more while kissing the top of her head.

For the past few weeks our life has been nothing but peaceful. Jennie and I have been busy, especially now that we're graduating in a few days. It feels so surreal, like there's a big step ahead of us and all we have to do is take it together.

It was still early when we got out of the theaters so Jennie suggested that we head back to my unit first before she goes home.

"I wish you can go with me tomorrow," Jennie wraps her arms from behind me as I punch the code of my door.

I placed my hands above hers then looked at her over my shoulder, "Baby, someday we'd get there..."

I turned around to face her while she rests her head on my shoulder. I breathed in her sweet scent and just stayed still, with her in my arms.

Whenever she gets sad over things like this, I often find myself lost. I don't know what to say that will make her feel better, so instead I just hold her tight and make her feel that I'm with her through this.

After a while, she lifted her head, wrapping her arms on my nape as she tiptoed to kiss me full on the lips.

"I can't wait for that day," she tries to smile for me.

"Me too baby, me too," I said while sweeping her off her feet that made her scream.

I laughed while pushing the door open, expecting to enter my dark unit but confusion got in me when I realized it's bright inside.

I would have thought I was careless l, forgetting to turn off the lights when I left this morning only if I wasn't met with two pairs of familiar eyes.

Jennie's giggles faded at the same time I realized my parents are inside my unit. Slowly, I set Jennie to her feet but refused to let go of her hand when she tried to step away.

"Mom, Dad... W-What are you-"

I couldn't even finish what I was saying when Mom suddenly stride towards me. Next thing I know, I felt my cheeks burning from her anger.

I closed my eyes briefly as I felt the pain. Funny thing is it hurts more on the inside. I felt numb on the outside.

Jennie's gasp made me open my eyes and I instantly was met with her worried face.