t w e n t y s i x

Start from the beginning

He made sure the last part was heard loud and clear.

"Why didn't you tell me? It would've been nice to meet her."

"I just didn't want to freak you out. She can be a bit," he paused for a second, thinking of the correct term to use. "Dramatic."

Aurora giggled. "Please, my best friend is Maddie. I think I would've been able to handle her."

"I'm sure you could've. I just wanted to keep you to myself before my family tries to steal you away from me," The soft tone in his voice caused Aurora to smile.

"Selfish man."

"I don't like sharing, love," he claimed possessively. "Would you be able to handle my whole family?"

"I would like to think I can, but you know me. I'll be overthinking and fidgety the entire time," she admitted softly. "My dad wants to meet you too."

"How'd he take it?"

"Better than I expected," She answered truthfully. "Connor's staying this whole weekend, so they want to meet you before he goes back to Boston. Maybe Saturday night?"

"That's tomorrow, love."

"I know, is that too soon?" She asked worriedly, chewing on her bottom lip.

"No, of course not. I'd love to meet them tomorrow," He agreed, not wanting to cause her any further worry. "You're staying the night at your parents' right?"

She nodded.

"I'll be there," he confirmed as she gave him a relieved grin.

"Elijah, are you fucking serious right now?"

"Language!"

"Did you really just fart when all of us are literally huddled together?"

Xavier was almost in disbelief at how loud they were being behind him. For people trying to eavesdrop on a conversation, they were doing such a shitty job. He was too focused on the commotion going on behind him that he almost missed what Aurora had said.

"I miss you," she said quietly.

"I miss you too, sweetheart."

Suddenly, a loud bang could be heard from Aurora's end causing Xavier to immediately become alert. Aurora jumped in her seat with surprise and turned to look at the culprit.

"Are you okay, love?" Asked Xavier worriedly.

"Who's calling you 'love'? Who are you saying 'I miss you to' baby sis?" A loud voice asked. "Is that your boyfriend?"

"What? Go away!" Argued Aurora, trying to move away from her brother, who was taking his role as an older brother too seriously—and mainly because he wanted to annoy his little sister.

"Let me talk to him," He said as he threw himself onto his little sister, reaching out to grab the phone. Here they were, 26 and 27 years old, yet still fighting like children.

She grunted, trying to push her brother's face away. "Get off of me! You stink and you're fucking heavy."

"I just want to have a nice and warm conversation with him," pouted Connor as Xavier listened to the scene unfold. The camera was shaking so he couldn't see what was going on, but based on what he was hearing, he could practically imagine it.

"Should I call you back?" Asked Xavier, not sure if she could hear him with all the commotion going on.

"No. Yes. You know what. Babe, I'll call you later," she uttered quickly, grunting as her brother elbowed her in the ribs.