The key

Rose's POV

I had woken up when the sun was starting to set, I led on the floor with my hand on my head just looking out the window and watching the sunset. I was thinking about I could try and escape or even just how to get the shackles off me. I quickly snapped out of the gaze with I heard the door opened. I didn't look over at first until I heard a voice I recognised. I turned my head to quickly look at who walked into the room.
"what did they do to you?" she looked at me for a few seconds. "Tell me what they did." she half sighed as I looked at her arm, covered in bruises. I felt so bad for her, she was only 7 years old at the end of the day, she shouldn't be going through this.
"I know I've said it before but I will help you out of this I promise," She smiled at me and spoke up
"I found this." she held up a key and I was the first to speak.
"How- what is the key for?"
"it's for the things around your wrist." we both stayed silent for a bit and then I was the first to speak
"How are you going to pass it over to me? I'm the other side of the cell to you, if it falls on the floor it will make a sound and we both will be in trouble again." She looked at me then looked around,
"I don't know- I just found it and wanted to give it to you because you might be able to get out of here." I look around the room trying to think of ways to get the key to me.

I looked up at the cell window and had a thought.
"Can you go outside easily now?" I asked her but she just shook her head.
"Are you able to go outside like tomorrow?" she thought for a few seconds and then answered.
"I think so, why?"
"The cell window, you can just give me the key through the window, I could easily catch it." she nods at me and we both stay silent again for a bit.
"Have they done anything else to you?" I asked she looks at me in the eyes. she sighs and then nods slowly. "what was it?" she just looks down at her leg and I got the picture she was telling me with her eyes what it was. I looked at her leg with a few cuts on it as well. She then looked back up at me.
"When I help you out this will never happen again I promise." As I said that I quickly thought.
"Are you alright?" she asked curiously. I quickly looked back over at her.
"Yeah I'm fine, you would need to go soon before someone finds out you are down here again," I say. she nods in response.
"Tomorrow when I'm I'm outside I'll give you the key to get out."
"And I will help you out." I quickly say after. She smiles at me and I smile back as she speaks up again.
"I might need to go now, I will be back tomorrow to give you the key." I nod as she walks away and I lay back down on the floor looking out the cell window with my hand on my head again and fell asleep after about 15 minutes.

***

"Rose, Rose" I quickly woke up and looked up out the cell window. I squinted my eyes from the sun trying to adjust my eyes to the light then looked up at the window to see Emma there.
"I have the key for you." I sat up and smiled at her
"Pass it down, just drop it." she then dropped the key into my hands and I looked up and smiled at her
"thank you!" she then looked at me and ran off.

I went to take the shackles off when I heard the door open, I quickly hid the key behind me and I led back down on the floor looking up at the ceiling like I was just resting.
"You" I looked around to the cell door and saw Emma's dad. I sat up and rubbed my eyes like I just woke up.
"Mh?" I say seeming tiered, which I kind of was.
"Where is the key for the shackles." I shrugged
"how am I meant to know I cant really walk out of this cell and get the key can I?" I sat up and put the key sneakily in my pocket.
"Well many you were given the key!"
"How can that work? I can't really stand up and walk over to the door and take the key, or if I'm thrown the key it will make noise when it hits the floor?" I said almost like I was asking a question. He looked at me confused. I knew I could take the shackles off until I can get out because someone could just walk in and see I took them off.

I put my hand on my head again tiredly and he then walked out of the room. I sat with my back against the wall and just looked up at the ceiling. Then Emma's mum walked in and just put a plate of food on the floor and looked at me. I looked at her back and then looked at the food to say I couldn't reach it. she then just walks out leaving me alone again, I decided to take off the shackles just to get the food so I did. I grabbed the plate and took it back over to the back wall and I felt like I needed to put the shackles back on so I did, not as tight as they were originally though. I ate the food then led on my side looking at the stone wall. I tried to think of ways to try and get out and escape but before I knew it I fell asleep.