Sent away

Rose's POV

I suddenly woke up again from people talking and shouting. I look outside and it's definitely daytime. There was just a bit of light in my cell from the sun beaming through the window. I stood up and looked outside to see if I could work out what time of day it is, it seemed to be about 2 pm. I look back over to the door and saw some food and water left for me. The same as last time, bread and water It's really not much to eat and I was starting to get more hungry. There really was nothing else to do so I decided to just look out the cell window and watch nature, all there was to watch was the sky, clouds and the occasional bird that flew by.

I didn't realize how long I was staring out the window till I heard someone talking and I snapped out of my gaze. I quickly turned around thinking someone was at the door but there was no one, I looked outside to see if anyone was there, no one. Then I realized the talking was coming from the room above me. I couldn't overly hear what they were saying but I heard enough to know what was going on. I assume it was the mum and dad of Emma talking.

"I managed to make something so that blue box can't land again around here, every 100 miles outwards from here are protected"
"How? What is it?"
"This, all I need to do I switch this lever and that box cant land again, and even better I activated it when he was in it, now he is 100 miles away as well."

But after hearing that I knew exactly what was happening, they made it so the TARDIS couldn't stay landed here. I knew the doctor was nowhere near and I began to think if there was any way of getting out or if I will even see the doctor again. I slowly sit down with my back against the wall and sat there for a few minutes, just thinking. Then I felt a tear slip from my eye and then someone called my name.

"Rose, are you alright"
It was Emma, I was a little worried that she was down here since her parents were awake and she can easily get caught.
"I'm fine," I say wiping my eyes "why are you down here, you can easily get caught"
"my parents are outside trying to test something, they will be out there for a long time, I should be trying to teach myself how to read and write, but I can't. It's impossible with no help, I've tried for two years now" she then sat down at the door waiting for me to come over, I stood up and walked over and sat down next to her on the other side of the door with my head against the wall.

"What's wrong?" she asked again, I smiled a little at my thoughts.
"you remind me of the doctor, he always knows when I'm upset."
"who is that? is he your friend that is looking for you?" she asked while looking up at me
"Yeah, he always knows when something is wrong. It's like he can read my mind like a simple little book" Then I thought back to a few days ago, when I was with the doctor, when I locked myself in my room knowing I can't do anything, then I remembered everything. He knew something was wrong, and now I wish I had told him when I had the chance. Then I felt a hand on my arm. I jumped a little and then quickly looked over and saw Emma had put her hand on my arm and I remembered what she said a minute ago.

"do you want me to help you read so when I hopefully escape you can teach yourself easily?"
"Yes please, but when are you going to teach me?"
"maybe when your parents are asleep later? it would be easier to do it when they are asleep so we can talk a little louder." She looks at me and smiles, waiting for me to speak again
"do you have any brothers or sisters?" I ask
"no it's just me, sometimes I wish I had a brother or sister, I get bored very easily." I then kind of fell into a daydream for a few seconds before answering
"do you like living here?"
"no, I wish I had better parents, who can teach me how to read, and I want friends who I can play with," she started to cry a little and I gave her a hug through the bars of the door.
"Hey, it's alright, im sure something good will happen soon, I promise"
"I hope so, I would like to learn how to read and write and do other stuff normal kids would do," I suddenly felt the pain of sorrow when her words hit me. Then I suddenly thought of something, I smiled a little and then looked back down at her.
"I promise something good will happen to you, I can feel it." She then hugs me through the bars and then she pulls away she wipes her eyes from crying.

"You better go now before someone finds out you are down here."
"Ok, I will come back later when everyone is asleep." I smile and wave at her as she walks off and she waves back. I was alone again and I went back to where I was sitting before, just under the only window in the cell.

Before I knew it it was night time again. I looked outside again wondering how the doctor is going to find me or if I would ever see him again. I don't know how I didn't realise at first but there was another plate of bread and butter with some water. I sat down next to the plate with my back against the wall, all I could do was think about the doctor and if he could save me, by the time I had finished the little bit of food I fell asleep where I was sat, my head against the wall and my hand under my head.