Chapter Two

Eriks POV:
I saw her weeping on her knees. I had been spectating I saw how the man she was with had handled her it angered me seeing such an innocent creature so broken. "Oh father, why must you be gone why can't you be here to protect me...why must I face these challenges on my own." She said hysterical. "Don't cry Angel." I finally let out my voice echoing through the room. "H-hello wh-who's there." She said raising her head looking around her perfect golden locks falling behind her. "Do not be afraid angel I will not harm you." I said stepping out of the shadows. She noticed me and pushed herself away against the stone bricks. "I promise." I said kneeling down on one knee in front of her putting out my hand. Her tear streaked face broke my heart as she lifted her hand to rest it in mine her bruised wrist became more visible till then I hadn't noticed the bruise growing on her cheek. "Who...did this." I said rolling her sleeve up inspecting her bruise. "That is of no importance to you." She said pulling her arm back. "Very well then." I said pulling my hands back. She looked away. "Your voice is one of an angels, I've been delighted to of heard you sing." I said standing back up. "Wh-what do you mean I haven't sang to anybody other than Michelle." She said looking up at me confused. "Mind it not, that man is wrong...I will see to that your career progress." I said turning away from her. "R-re-really." She said dumbfounded. "Why yes." I couldn't help but admire her beautiful soft face how could somebody lay a hand on it. "How-how do I know you speak the truth." She said looking up to me. "Come angel, let me take you to sweet music's throne." I said putting out my hand to help her up. "A talented dancer as well." I said walking over to the glass pane. "I admire your work." I said pushing it open helping her inside. She was too amazed to speak it made me smile seeing how enthralled she was. I grabbed a torch and lit it on one of the golden chandeliers. "Come my angel." I said guiding her down the stone stairways. We neared to the end but I feared it was becoming too much so I helped her onto the stallion. Her face was lit up in excitement seeing this whole new side of the opera house. "Let it amaze you." I said with a smile on my face hers bigger than mine. I made it to the canal and helped her off the stallion and onto the gondola. I could hear her singing softly it surprised me when I looked back her trance-like voice grew louder. "Sing my angel." I said quickening my pace. "Sing for me!" I said I didn't show it but this breakthrough overjoyed me. I stopped the gondola helping her out. "I have brought you—to the scene of sweet music's throne—to this kingdom where all must pay homage to music." I said guiding up the steps to the organ. "Since the moment I first heard you sing—I have needed you with me—to serve me to sing For my music...My music...." I said grasping her hand. Her face lit up and she followed me closely. She was overjoyed with all the sights. I turned her to face me and she stared deeply into my eyes. "You alone can make my song take flight...Help me make the music of the night." I looked deeply into her eyes a smile overcame her face and she nodded, I smiled. I brought her over to the organ and started playing notes while she sang the notes soon became songs, and the songs became scenes. "You truly have the voice of an angel." I said turning to face her. She was focused on something specific...my mask.