18

First thing in the morning, Jennie and Lisa checked out of the hotel, not even having breakfast first before leaving which made Lisa complain throughout the trip going to the address that Tzuyu gave Jennie. It almost took them two hours until they reached their destination. Jennie looked hesitant as she continued driving because all she was seeing were trees, almost no house in sight. She was thankful though that Lisa finally dozed off after half an hour of complaining about how hungry she was.

Tzuyu was definitely not kidding when she said "out of the city." They were away from the city. It more looked like they reached the countryside where people were looking much simpler than those who were living in the city. As much as Jennie remembered, she hated adjusting to a new environment even though she had been adjusting all her life. Inhaling sharply through her nose, Jennie gave Lisa a slight shake to wake her up.

"What?" Lisa said groggily as she adjusted herself in her seat.

"We're here, I guess." Jennie said, not removing her eyes from the only house she was seeing. "I suddenly miss being home." She sighed.

Lisa furrowed her brow and went to look at where Jennie was looking at. It wasn't as big as Jennie's house and looked much older, untouched even, and probably the most uncomfortable-looking house.

"Well, this is better than nothing." Lisa shrugged and went out of the car. "Are you coming or what?" She asked when she saw Jennie was still in the car.

"Alright, coming." Jennie went out of the car as well and helped Lisa carry the bags. "We have to find the key first so we can enter." She said as they were walking towards the house.

"And where should we find it?" Lisa asked.

"Tzuyu didn't tell me. Hold this so I can text her." Jennie dropped the bag on Lisa and pulled her phone out, making the latter surprised by the sudden weight she was carrying. "What?!" Jennie yelped in surprise, making Lisa turn to her with the same expression. "Ugh, she said it was buried somewhere around the house."

"How did Tzuyu even know about this place?"

"She said it used to be their family's before but they had sold it and she brought it back when she finally had the money but since she was now living in Taiwan, she didn't have the time to renovate it so now it's abandoned, I guess." Jennie explained.

Before they begin their search for the key, Lisa laid the bags on the porch and began digging.

***

It had been hours and it was already noon, Lisa was already tired of digging while Jennie was just on her phone.

"Maybe a little hand would help me, you know." Lisa remarked and Jennie glared at her. "What are you even doing on your phone?"

"I'm checking if we could eat somewhere near here okay?" Jennie answered.

"Did you find anything? I'm hungry and tired and dirty!" Lisa complained.

"I've found one actually." Jennie said as she looked back on her phone.

"You should've found one sooner because I assume it's already lunch and we haven't eaten anything since we left the hotel!"

"Quit being whiny, we'll eat now okay? Dust yourself off and pick those bags again and put them back in the car." Jennie ordered and Lisa groaned in annoyance as she picked up the bags and went to the car.

It was just a ten-minute drive from the house and Jennie was kind of disappointed that what they had found wasn't as fancy as she imagined. It was a small yet simple restaurant and it was a bit crowded, Jennie hated crowded places but Lisa couldn't wait any longer to satisfy her hunger. But Jennie insisted to eat inside the car instead.