7

The two weren't talking until the next day since what had happened in the kitchen. Lisa was still in the kitchen, still feeling the pain in her back. She couldn't stand and she felt tired so she fell asleep on the cold floor.

When the sun was already up, Lisa heard Jennie's voice and she felt something kicking her leg, attempting to wake her up.

"Hey, wake up." Jennie said with a cold voice as she was lightly kicking Lisa's leg.

"What?" Lisa groaned and opened an eye to see Jennie who was standing beside her. Without saying anything, Jennie threw a cold pack of peas on Lisa and the latter jolted up. "What the hell is your problem this time?" Lisa glared at Jennie.

"Put that on your back. I'll be heading out, don't make a mess while I'm not around." Jennie said and started walking away, leaving Lisa once again before the latter could even ask where she would be going.

Lisa sighed as she sat and reached her back while holding the cold pack of peas.

It had been hours and Jennie was still out and Lisa was getting hungry already. Jennie didn't even leave something to eat, Lisa thought maybe she did that on purpose to mess with her. She carefully stood up and went to the fridge but she was disappointed there was nothing that could be eaten either. There was only one thing on her mind—getting out.

She quickly walked outside, not minding the pain she was feeling. All she had in mind was food and she needed it.

While walking outside and her stomach was growling louder and louder, she saw a vending machine filled with snacks inside. She walked towards the vending machine while holding her stomach and she found something that caught her eyes—a packaging with a picture of meat on it, probably indicating it was meat flavored. She felt herself drooling over the sight of the meat even though it was just a picture. Now there was one problem, how would she get that delicious snack? Lisa examined the machine and she noticed some buttons and she tried pressing each one, she didn't mind if anyone passing by was eyeing her with a questioned look, she was hungry. When nothing happened, she frustratedly sighed and rested her forehead on the glass as she weakly punched the machine. When she lifted her head and decided to just go back to Jennie's house, someone put their hand on Lisa's shoulder. The latter startled at the contact and she met the eyes of the stranger behind her whose hand was on her shoulder. It was a young woman, maybe in her early 30's, and she gave Lisa a warm smile.

"Hi, you seemed to be having a problem with the vending machine." The young woman said and Lisa raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"So this thing is called a vending machine?" Lisa asked while she was pointing at the vending machine with her thumb and the stranger chuckled.

"Doesn't it look like one?" The stranger said. "I've never seen you here before, did you just move in?" She asked and pulled her coin purse in her bag.

"Oh, uh, yeah, I just moved in." Lisa said, although technically she had been around for long.

"How do you find this place then?" The woman asked while she put in some coins in the coin slot of the vending machine.

"It's...something new but I feel kind of nostalgic. I miss my old home." Lisa said, she did miss the temple, the other world. After the woman finished her business with the vending machine, she handed the snack to Lisa which the latter was hesitant to get.

"I've been watching you getting frustrated with the vending machine so here, it's yours." The young woman wore a warm smile and insisted to hand the snack to Lisa. The latter immediately get the snack from the stranger's hand and quickly opened the packaging and enjoyed the snack. But after eating the snack, her stomach growled once again, the snack wasn't enough to fill her empty stomach. The young woman let out a laugh. "I guess you're hungry." She commented and Lisa shyly nodded. "Do you want to come with me? Let's grab something."