14

The three went inside Jennie's car and the latter started driving. Tzuyu wouldn't keep off her eyes on Lisa while the latter started to feel uncomfortable.

"Um...hi?" Lisa started and Tzuyu smiled.

"I'm sorry, I was staring a lot, wasn't I?" Tzuyu sheepishly chuckled. "I'm just fascinated that I finally got to meet who killed Jennie's love." She said and she received a glare from Jennie through the rearview mirror.

"I'm sorry." Lisa mumbled, secretly glancing at Jennie and they unexpectedly met each other's eyes and the latter just nodded silently. Tzuyu felt that the atmosphere around them was getting awkward so she cleared her throat, hoping the awkwardness would fade away and she started to speak.

"I believe I haven't introduced myself to you. I'm Tzuyu, Jennie's friend from Taiwan."

"Are you...a vampire as well?" Lisa asked.

"Yes. We've been friends for so long and it's been a while since we've met each other in my country." Tzuyu smiled. "And you don't have to introduce yourself, Jennie told me about you when I arrived earlier." She dismissively said. "Anyway, how did you get there?"

"I don't actually know. All I know was I was waiting for my friend and then the next thing I knew was I was surrounded and then I woke up tied up in a chair." Lisa explained. "But how did you find me?" She asked, glancing at Jennie who was looking straight on the road.

"I can track you if you have forgotten." Jennie answered. "We'll talk more when we get home. For now, you two get some rest. Especially you Tzuyu, you just came from the airport, you need to rest." She said, her voice filled with authority.

"Right, I'm actually kind of tired from the flight." Tzuyu nodded and she looked at Lisa. "It was nice to meet you, Lisa." Tzuyu smiled.

"You too." Lisa awkwardly smiled back and Tzuyu shifted in a comfortable position at the backseat and closed her eyes to rest.

Lisa sighed and she just thought about Jisoo. The latter must have been worried that Lisa wasn't there anymore waiting for her. Lisa pulled her phone from her pocket and was kind of surprised to see that she received a couple of messages from Jisoo.

[From: Jisoo]
Lisa where are you? I told you to wait for me while I take a pee.

[From: Jisoo]
Hello? Can't you at least text me back? I've been waiting here for half an hour and I can't leave here because I still have to get you home. Your cousin might kill me.

[From: Jisoo]
Lisa come on, stop playing games with me. It's already midnight.

Lisa sighed once again, what excuse should she tell Jisoo?

[To: Jisoo]
Hi, sorry for replying late. I hope you already got home. Something just came up and I needed to leave immediately and I'm sorry for leaving and not telling you where I'm going. Jennie picked me up where you told me to wait. I'll catch up with you tomorrow, I hope you're not angry. Take care. Sorry for keeping you waiting, I'll make it up to you 😅

Seconds later, Lisa got a reply from Jisoo.

[From: Jisoo]
Oh thank god, finally! I'm worried sick you know! I was on my way to the police station to report your disappearance but thank god you texted me back. You definitely owe me some explanation tomorrow. Next time, leave me a message you idiot. I'll be heading home now. Take care as well, goodnight 🤦‍♀️

Lisa sighed in relief and leaned her head on the headrest as she glanced outside the window. She closed her eyes as she was tired and kind of stressed with what happened to her that night.