10

After a tiring day for Lisa and Jisoo, Lisa bid her goodbye to Jisoo so she could go back home and rest. They finally had each other's number.

When Lisa was already back in Jennie's house, she saw Jennie sitting on the couch watching tv. Lisa got curious about what Jennie was watching so she sat beside her, not removing her gaze on the magical box she was seeing.

"Whoa, how come this box can do that?" Lisa asked, amazed by what she was seeing.

"It's called a tv. You can watch a lot of things there. It's hard to explain how it works but yeah, entertain yourself with this tv." Jennie dismissively said and stole a glance at Lisa who was still mesmerized by the tv. "How was your day anyway?" Jennie asked.

"Oh, well I got a job." Lisa beamed and glanced at Jennie, she gave her a warm smile and sighed. "Hey, thanks for giving me my freedom. I'm grateful that you did." Lisa said.

"It's the least that I can do for you." Jennie said under her breath. "I'm guessing you're with that stranger again."

"She's my friend now, she helped me find a job. Her name is—"

"Jisoo." Jennie coldly said and Lisa turned to her with a confused look.

"I don't think I've told you her name before." Lisa said.

"I...heard that name slipped from your mouth before." Jennie dismissively said and Lisa secretly glanced at her who was now focused on the tv. Lisa cleared her throat to catch Jennie's attention and the latter looked at her with a raised eyebrow. 

"Um, can we talk about something?" Lisa asked.

"About what this time?"

"But before we dig deeper, I want you to treat me seriously. Even just this once." Lisa said in a serious tone and looked Jennie dead in the eyes.

"Sure." Jennie said and shifted her body to face Lisa.

"I just want to know you better that's all. If you don't have any plans on giving what's mine back then I want us to be friends. And yes, I know what I ask is hard knowing that I killed...um, what was her name again?"

"Chaeyoung." Jennie answered and Lisa noticed a bit of sadness and bitterness in her tone.

"Right... Anyway, ever since I get to live like this, you know, being powerless and not used to everything here, it felt like a part of me died but I accepted the fact that maybe this is how I'm supposed to live now. But just because I'm moving on doesn't mean I'm not feeling guilty about what I did to Chaeyoung, trust me, I do still feel guilty. But she's gone. Whatever we do, pray to the gods, Chaeyoung is gone. She will never come back." Lisa sighed. "I'm truly sorry Jennie, I really am. I did everything out of instinct, I was hungry. If you're in my position then you'd probably do the same thing out of instinct." Lisa said and she saw how Jennie's face hardened. "Don't take it the wrong way. You know what I mean, I'm not human, I just look like one."

"Just get to the point if you still have anything to say." Jennie said, getting bored with what Lisa was saying. "And besides, aren't you tired? Because I am and I want to lie down and rest."

"I want us to be friends." Lisa straightforwardly said, making Jennie's eyebrow raise. "I want us to...get to know each other maybe. The way I see you, you're still trapped in the past and it's not healthy anymore for you. I'm just concerned, Chaeyoung would probably say—"

"Don't you ever mention Chaeyoung like you know every single bit of her." Jennie hissed and Lisa was taken aback.

"I didn't mean to—" Lisa tried to explain but she was cut off by Jennie.