22 [TW]

Trigger Warning: suicide attempt. If you are triggered by the said subject, please skip this chapter.

Jennie woke up with a banging headache as the sunray was hitting her face from the window. She slowly sat up as her right hand massaged her temple. She felt a cold breeze kissing her skin as she was sitting up and she realized that she was naked. She couldn't remember anything that happened last night and she couldn't see anyone around the room either. She sighed and got up to throw her clothes on and later heard Rosé's voice.

"Jennie? You already up?" Rosé asked. Jennie immediately felt her heart was melting when she heard her voice, she had always imagined she would wake up one morning with her. But then the thought of herself being naked was still making her confused. Rosé came into the room with a tray of breakfast for the two of them. "By the way, your car is still at the bar and we used mine to get us here. How are you feeling?" Rosé asked, Jennie could feel that the latter was tensed.

"My head is aching." Jennie answered and sat on the edge of the bed as she waited for Rosé to sit too. "I can't remember anything. How did I get here? And...you're still here?"

"Oh." Rosé nervously chuckled as she avoided Jennie's gaze and sat beside her, still holding the tray. "You...asked me to stay." She mumbled.

"Something happened, I guess." Jennie sighed. "I'm sorry, Rosé. I didn't know what has gotten into me for me to do that."

"I should be the one who's sorry. I shouldn't have let this happen, I don't want you to think I'm taking advantage of you or anything." Rosé glanced at Jennie with a worried look. "Look, Jennie. I-" Rosé sighed and shook her head. "I don't mean to hurt you but based on how you talked to me last night, it seemed like you haven't moved on from what happened to me and it's not good for you. Please, you have to free yourself from me. You don't have to forget me but...just move forward." Rosé set aside the tray to hold Jennie's hand comfortingly. "And besides, everything is different now. I'm basically living another life wherein I can't remember you or even my past. I'm moving forward and so should you." Rosé sadly smiled.

"But I don't want to stop loving you. I only want you." Jennie pleaded, her eyes starting to fill with tears as she thought of the idea of living without her. "I can't let you go." She said as her voice was shaking.

"But there will be someone you'd love more than me. There will be someone who will stay beside you and will never leave you and will protect you more than I did before." Rosé wiped Jennie's tears. "Even if you would love someone after me, I won't leave. I will always be here. I may not be the same Chaeyoung that you knew, my door is always open for you."

"Now I feel more terrible." Jennie sighed and covered her face with her hands. "If you want me to forget you then you should've stopped me from doing something to you." She mumbled.

"Now don't remind me of what we did." Rosé sighed and shook her head. "I feel terrible." She added and Jennie glanced at her with a confused look. "I'm already seeing someone but when our lips touched, it felt familiar and I let myself be devoured by you, and then the next thing I knew was I woke up this morning, everything a mess. When we kissed, it was like I'm trying to look for something that was already gone. It's weird."

"You're...seeing someone already?" Jennie asked.

"Yes. And I don't really want to mess this up. I mean, I really like her a lot."

"Her, huh." Jennie scoffed and sighed, she stood up and went to pick up her bag on the floor.

"Wait, you're leaving already? Have some breakfast first." Rosé said and Jennie shook her head, not meeting her gaze.