The end

Dixie POV

It's been a few days and I still haven't seen Addison cause she told me that she just needed some space to sort some things out. I missed her. I missed her comfort, her support. I was sitting in the waiting room sipping some coffee when I saw Anna's parents talking to the doctor. They call me over and I rush over to them.
"Hi" I say and Anna's mom wraps an arm around me.

"About Anna's condition she is currently on a tube that helps her breath since her condition has worsened" I frown.
"When will she come off of it?" I say and when I see Anna's parents crying my heart sinks. The doctor looks at me with a sad expression.
"Without it she will only be able to breath for a few hours before..." I shake my head.
"No" I say the tears falling harder now.
"No!" I shout and fall to the ground sobbing. My body was shaking and I couldn't breath.

Then everything went black.

* * *

I slowly open my eyes and rub my sore and tired eyes. I look around and see I was in a hospital bed. Then all the memories come back to me and I start crying again. No I can't lose my best friend.
"Dixie" I look to my left and see Addison sitting on a chair. I start crying harder and she gets up and wraps her arms around me. I hug her back tightly not wanting her to ever let go.

"It's okay Dixie, it's okay I've got you" she says and I cry harder.
"I don't want to lose her Addison" I say between sobs and Addison slowly pulls away from me to hold my face in her hands.
"I know baby" she says and kisses my forehead. She leaves her lips on my skin for what felt like forever before she pulled away.
"I'm scared" I say and Addison looks into my eyes. I look down and close my eyes. Addison leans her forehead against mine as the tears fall down my face.

* * *

It's been a few days since we got the news about Anna and today was the day. Anna's parents agreed that they didn't want to see her suffer because Anna had just gotten worse. She looked terrible, she was always sweating, she now starts to twitch and shake and she finds it hard to talk.

So today was the day that I will lose my best friend and I'm not ready and I don't think I'll ever be. A girl came to see Anna her name was Tessa. I have never seen her before and Anna never mentioned her but when Tessa went inside to talk to Anna for the very last time they both held each other and I could tell how much this girl meant to her.

I was sitting at the waiting room nervously tapping my foot against the ground and trying my best not to have a mental break down.
"Dixie you're up" I look up and see Anna's mom looking at me. I stand up and walk towards her and I hug her. She was already crying and to be fair I haven't seen her stop crying. I walk into Anna's room and she looks over at me and gives me a weak smile. I walk over to her and take a seat next to her on the chair.

"Hey...dumb...ass" she says her voice breaking. I look at her and my heart breaks even more.
"Hey Anna" I say and then look back down. We stay quiet for a long moment and all you could hear was the beeping of the machines.
"I don't know what to say Anna...I thought we would have more time" I say wiping away my falling tears.
"Me-me too" she says.
"What will I do without you?" I say looking up at her.

"You-you'll be...okay" she says and I wipe away my tears that had fallen to my chin.
"Anna I'm going to miss you so much...I...I can't do this without you" I say letting out a small sob. Anna was crying too.
"I'm going to miss you too...you have no idea" I sniff quietly.
"Promise me one thing dixie" she says and I look at her.
"Don't let....go....of Addison" she says and my heart breaks even more.

"She's good for you....and....I want you to be happy" I cry harder.
"I won't let go of her" I say and Anna gives me a weak smile.
"Are you scared?" I say and Anna breaths in and out.
"I'm terrified" I look down as the tears fall down my face.
"I love you Anna so so much. I don't want you to go" I say and she takes my hand in hers.