Chapter 3:

Harry's POV:

Saying I was excited was an understatement, I was overjoyed with this whole experience. After being stuck in Holmes Chapel for 16 years, which, dont get me wrong I love, I was happy to finally go out and so something new.

As soon as I heard that the Xfactor had gotten back to my mum with my audition number, I had immediately gone and packed some clothes and other necessities into my bag.

Now it's the night before I leave to go to Manchester, and I already know, I wont be sleeping tonight.

I gave Ed and Nick a quick facetime call to tell them the news. They were surprised I wanted to go by myself, because I'm usually shy infront of audiences, but I assured them I had wanted to do this since I was 11, so I had no time to be nervous.

We talked for 4 hours, until I realized I probably should get some sleep. We said our goodbyes, they wished me good luck, and I hung up.

I woke up early, eager to start my day. After a shower, I put on dark brown pants, with a white tshirt and a light gray cardigan over top. I decided to add a scarf, to make a good impression on the judges.

I quietly walked downstairs, careful not to wake up mum or Gems, but to my surprise they were already up, making breakfast.

"Morning Harry" Gemma said to me with a cheery smile.

Mum just looked up and gave me a big smile, and I smiled back

"Morning guys. Why are you up so early?" I asked

"We know how big today will be for you so we wanted to make you breakfast to wish you good luck" Gemma replied with a spatula in her hand.

"Aw, Gems, mum, thanky-" I was cut off by the smoke alarm going off because of the burning bread in the toaster.

I quickly took the burnt toast out of the toaster and grabbed a towel, waving it infront of the smoke detector to make it stop beeping.

Once it was quiet once again, we all looked at eachother, and started to laugh.

"Its the thought that counts" mum said holding her stomach from laughing so hard.

It was time to leave to get to Manchester on time.

When I stepped outside, a warm breeze blew my curly hair to the side. I stretched my arms and back as I smiled up into the sky, feeling the warm sun on my face.

I opened the car door for mum, then went to my own side to sit down. Gemma had somehow convinced mum to let her stay at home.

I looked down at my phone to see a text from Gemma.

Gemma: good luck, I miss you already <3

I smiled and replied

Harry: thanks Gem, I miss you too. You know, your gonna have to tell mum about your boyfriend soon.

I immediately got a text back

Gemma: yeah I know, I probably will when she gets back from dropping you off. I'm going on a date with him today :)

I shook my head

Harry: ok, don't do anything too crazy

I put down my phone and grabbed my earbuds. I rested my head against the window and gave my mum a soft smile. She smiled back still looking at the road. I drifted off to sleep for the long car ride to Manchester. The last thing I saw before drifting off was a sign saying "Holmes Chapel".
I smiled to myself, and fell asleep.

A/N: ok, I know short and boring chapter, believe me, Larry starts soon ;)
Dont forget to like and comment:)

-V