The job interview

I dress up in a suited grey jacket with a white shirt and grey dress pants with black heels. I then grab my stuff and walks out of my home I walk down to the coffee shop I walk in I wait in line when I see it was my turn I say "I want a iced coffee". The waiter smiles and says "thats $5.89". I pull out my debit card and pays for it I take the coffee and says "have a nice day". He nods and says "you too".

I walk out of the shop I drink the coffee on the way to the job interview I walk in and throws the empty coffee cup in the trash I go to the desk and says sweetly "hi I'm here for the job interview for the assistant my name is Elizabeth maple".    

The desk person says kindly "oh yes ma'am sit over there and he will be right with you". I say politely "ok thank you ma'am". I go and sit down I look through my phone on Instagram until I hear "where is daddy"? I look at the child I say to myself "what is she doing here by herself"? I snap out of it and asks "what honey"? She asks "where's my dad"? I ask being polite "I don't know where is he"?

A nanny comes down and yells at a tall black haired, green eyed man I put my phone away "I'm done with the snot nose brat she's leaving from the room she doesn't listen to me so I'm done". The nanny walks over to me and says "if your the new nanny I feel sorry for you".

The nanny leaves, the little girl goes to him and says "daddy this woman helped me". She walks her dad towards me I say to myself "damn he's fine". I snap out of it when the man says "hi I'm Jason what's yours"? I say "my name is Elizabeth maple". He looks surprised and asks "I'm sorry about that so your the one that's here for the assistant job you and two other people were here for it but they didn't meet my criteria you do so if you would like I would like to hire you"?

I say politely "it's ok I'm sure people have bad days like that and yes I'm here for the assist- wait did you just say you hired me"? He smiles and says "yes I did you look like your a kind very hard working woman so you can start your job today if you want". I say excitedly "I would love to work today thank you so much".

He smiles and says "no problem oh and this is my daughter Lily she's a sweetheart". I smile and say "well I hope we become friends Lily"? Lily smiles and says "I would love to be your friend".

Jason looks at a security guard and says "take my daughter to the room and sweety I'm gonna show miss Maple to her desk you go to the room and don't give him no trouble alright". She smiles and says "ok daddy". I see the security guard take her, Jason then says "miss maple please follow me". I smile and gets on the elevator I ask him being curious "how old is she"? 

He says "she's three". I ask being polite "where is her mother"? He looks down and says "her mother likes to spend her daytime alone so I have Lily come with me to work and now since I don't have a nanny now it looks like I have to leave more frequently".

I think of a idea and say "I know I'm new but can't I watch her for you I have plenty of experience I mean I'm a assistant but I can do more than that if that's alright"? He turns around and looks at me my heart flutters out of nowhere "I'll see if Lily will like the idea and if she does then I'll see how you do".

I look at him and say "ok thank you". He turns around to face the elevator door and says "no problem". Then the elevator doors open I see a white room and a white desk he puts his hand out as if he's letting me go first then my heart flutters again I step out with Jason saying to myself "stop it focus". I snap out of it and finally asks "this is my office"?

He says "yes do you like it" ? I see a window I go over to it and looks outside I see people walking on the sidewalks with the trees swaying in the wind and says excitedly "like it, I love it". He smiles and says "I'm glad you love it if you want you can start right now I actually gotta go and do some business right now so I'll see you later". I turn around to him I nod he leaves into another room I sit down I smell a rich cologne scent as he left, my heart gleams in excitement I shake my head and says to myself "focus damnit". I snap out of it and sees a note that says "answer calls and do paper work that's in the desk".

I open the desk I say to myself "oh wow this is a lot better get going to work". I do the paper work I finally get done two hours later I leave the paper work on the desk neatly stacked I look at the clock and sees the time Jason comes out of nowhere and says "Miss Maple I need you right now please come in".

I get up from my seat I go in and see people at the desk then I scan over to a guy that is familiar I stop in my tracks and stares at the person the person stares at me surprised, he gets up and says with a deep voice "I need to go".

I look away from him Jason asks "you ok"? I look at him faking a smile and says "yeah I'm fine I just feel sick". Jason nods he then looks at the man and asks him "why do you need to go your the one that arranged the meeting"? The man says "something came up and I need to go". I feel nauseous and dizzy all of a sudden it goes pitch black and I pass out.