Chapter 35: Ending Things with the Wrong One

Chapter 35

Laura and Ross just came back from the bathroom, where they had a hot make out session for over half an hour, even though Laura was completely aware she is in a relationship. Raini is questioning them on what they have been doing, and she has a hard time believing them…

Ross’ POV

“What did you guys do in there for half an hour, without even washing Laura’s shirt!?” Raini asked again.

Obviously, we couldn’t tell her the truth. We had been doing something we shouldn’t have done for anything in the world. I had to make up a valuable and believable excuse.

“We-, we saw someone we knew and-, and we were catching up with him.” Laura said, completely unsure of herself.

“Y- Yeah.” I confirmed.         

“Do I know him?” She asked. From the look in her eyes, I knew she was trying to see beneath what we were trying to make her believe. 

“Um, no!” I quickly exclaimed. “No. We-, we met him at the audition.”

Pretty good, I thought.

“Right.” Raini said, suspicious. “Well, anyway… We were all about to leave.”

Perfect, I thought. We can all go home and hopefully never think about this again and pretend all of it never happened. Especially for the sake of Laura’s relationship.

“Ross, can you drive me home?”

That was the only part I had forgotten. I had drove her here, so I had to drive her back home. How perfect.

I sighted, “Sure.”

Everyone slowly started leaving as I was putting my coat on. “Bye guys! Have a great weekend! See you Monday!”

“Bye Ross! You too!”

I started walking towards the entrance doors. I turned around to see Laura right behind me. She looked up at me and shot me a small smile. I did too and opened the door for her. “Thank you,” she said. We got in my car, as I started the engine. I drove out of the parking lot and got on the freeway.

“We don’t have to be awkward like that, you know?” She spoke.

“Oh, we don’t?” I said. Was she seriously asking me that?

“C’mon Ross, please don’t be like that!”

“Don’t be like what!?” I hissed. “Laura, we just made out in a restaurant bathroom while you are still in a relationship, may I remind you. How the hell do you want me to act!?”

She had to know this was really weird for me. I was never put in a position like this. I was pissed at myself, so much. Although, maybe I had been a little hard on her considering the fact that it was mostly my fault, for what happened and the fact that I never stopped her.

I didn’t want to.

But I should’ve.

“Look I’m sorry…” I started. “I shouldn’t be mad at you. It’s my fault, I pushed you to do it, and I didn’t stop it when I should’ve.” I added.

The silent sound of the cars around us were filling the silence until she spoke up. “Why didn’t you stop?” She asked.

I was so ashamed of my answer that the words were so hard to get out of my mouth. “I- I didn’t want to.” I simply said.

She didn’t say anything. She didn’t look at me. I had messed up. Hard.

I parked in her drive way and rested on my seat as I sighed.