Chapter 8: The Letter

Chapter 8

Laura's POV

Bing!

I heard my phone.

Wait. Where was I?

Oh right. In my room. On my bed. Half dressed. And I didn't know why I still had my clothes on.

A few seconds later I remembered.

{Flashback}

I got out of the audition room.

I felt really proud like I had done something great.

The audition actually went better than I thought. I stayed myself the whole time and I think the directors liked it. We ran lines, I did a little singing, and they asked questions about myself. I had nothing to be stressed about. Now I felt like life was so beautiful!

I walked to the visitors' waiting room where Mom was waiting for me. My eyes scanned the whole room until I found her. She was talking to a lady. And there was a guy with them.

Ross.

They were all waiting for me.

''Hi Mom!''

''Hii baby! How are you? How was the audition!?''

''Oh it was awesome! I think they really liked me!''

''That's awesome huney!'' She said. Then she hugged me. ''I'm so proud of you Laura!''

''Thank you Mommy!''

She was really happy, I could feel it. And it made me really happy.

I turned to look at the lady.

''Hi!'' I said.

My Mom then introduced me to her.

''Oh Laura! This is Stormie, Ross' mother!''

''Nice to meet you! I'm Laura!''

After we talked for a while, Stormie invited us their house to have lunch.

We ate spaghettis and it was delicious. When we were all finished, Ross started talked to me for the first time.

''Hey! Um do you want to go outside?''

''Sure!''

We went outside and I saw Riker, Rydel, Rocky and Ryland in the pool.

''Hey Laura!'' Rydel said.

''Heeeey!''

She got out and took her towel.

''So how was the audition!?''

''It was awesome!''

''Hey! What about me!?'' I heard Ross say behind me.

Ross' POV

''Fine! How was your audition Ross?'' Rydel said, playfully.

''It was perfect!''

Honestly, It felt weird having Laura over. I had no idea what to say to her. At least Rydel was taking care of it. Strangely, Riker was too. And it seemed like she was enjoying it. He couldn't do that to me. I was the one that had spotted her that day, at the concert. The one that had invited her to stay after the show. He just couldn't.

So I had to step up my game.

She was sitting on a beach chair, further in our backyard. I went up to her.