Chapter 7: The Audition

Chapter 7

Laura's POV

The lady looked at me like she was waiting for me to say something.

Then I remembered.

''Um, Laura Marano.''

''Hi sweetie! Here's your number, keep it safe. When your number will be called go to room 362 where you will be having your audition. Any questions?''

''No thank you very much!'' I said trying to sound relaxed even though I wasn't at all.

''Good luck Miss Marano!'' I heard her say.

''Thank you!'' I said, happily.

Then I started walking. I had no idea where, but I was following the crowd.

I was looking around me, just to see a lot of people I didn't know.

Strangers.

Strangers auditioning just like me.

Wanting the same thing as me.

A role.

''Laura wait up!'' I heard behind me.

I then remembered, he was behind me in the lineup.

''Wait!'' He said again.

I turned around.

He was running, catching up to me.

''Hey, what's your audition number?''

''It's 782. You?''

''795. I thought we'd audition together since we were behind each other.''

He sounded sad.

''Maybe they're just skipping numbers. I really don't know.''

''At least we get to spend time together while we wait to audition.''

''Yeah...''

Yes. It was all I could get out of my mouth because, yes, again, I was in shock Ross actually wanted to spend time with me.

''Awesome'' I added with a smile.

We walked together to the waiting room.

Rydel, Riker and Mom had to wait in the other waiting room because the other one was just for the actors.

We sat on consecutive seats.

No one was talking.

Ross' POV

She wasn't talking.

Was I making her uncomfortable?

''You alright?'' I asked her.

''I could be better.''

''A little stressed out?'' I asked.

''Maybe more than a little...'' She said, slowly opening up.

''But is it your first audition?''

''It's not, but probably my first 'serious' audition. All the others I went to were for small parts or roles in theatre. Nothing as big as this.''

''Same for me. Except I don't get stressed a lot. I'm a pretty chill guy.'' I told her smiling.

I was trying to comfort her while giving her hints about my personality.

But I'm pretty sure the comforting part didn't worked that well because she still looked freaked out.

''Look, you know you're good, Laura. Now you just have to show them. Plus, this is just an audition. You'll always have other opportunities, trust me.'' I told her.