Chapter 29: Letting It All Out

Chapter 29

Ross’ POV

You have to be kidding me!?

“C’mon!”

I grabbed Laura’s hand and pulled her across the room, running away from the paparazzi. I scanned the hallway we were in earlier. We passed the boys bathroom, and I spotted a closet where everybody coats were.

“Get in!”

We both got in, closed the door, and hid in the back of the tiny room.

“Oh my God.” Laura sighted.

“I think we lost them.”

“Yeah.”

“When are we gonna get out?” She asked.

“I don’t know. One thing I need to know is how they find out we were here.”

I grabbed my phone from my pocket.

“What are you doing?” She asked.

“Calling Alexandra.” I answered. “She the only one that could’ve possibly told them.”

I dialed her number. I few seconds later, she picked up.

“What the hell, Alex!?”

“Who’s this?”

“Ross!”

“Why are you calling me?”

“Oh don’t act so innocent!”

“What are you talking about?”

“You’re the one who called the paparazzi, aren’t you?”

“The paparazz-”

“At Laura’s school dance!”

“How-. What-. How do you even know!?”

“I came here with her, genius!”

“WHAT!?”

Oops.

“What the hell!? You’re not supposed to be here with her!!” She yelled. “She was supposed to go with Sebastian. I sent the paparazzi to fix you guys’ stupid mistake at the movie premiere! It was to show everyone Laura and Seb were still going out!!”

Shit.

“We’ll you said she could break up with him to be with the guy she liked.” I tried to explain.

Laura’s POV

Because of Alex’s anger, I could hear the whole conversation.

“Then, why is she with you!?” A few seconds later, she added, “Oh no! No no no! You’re not telling me the guy she liked was you this whole time!??”

Before Ross could say anything, I took the phone from his hands.

“Yes, Alexandra. Yes. He’s the one I was talking about. And I went to the dance with him, because I like him. I like him, a lot.”

At this point, I was looking directly in Ross’ eyes. I didn’t feel like I was talking to Alex anymore. Slowly, a smile was growing on his face. And his eyes were smiling too.

Then, I remembered I was still on the phone with her.

“And you’re not gonna control who I like and who I’ll go out with. That’s my job. You’re only there to help me with my public image. So, please, stop. I will be with him if I want to, and you’re not gonna say anything bad about it. You’ll support me and give me tips on how to handle my public relationship.”