Chapter 30: Not Who I Was Expecting

Chapter 30

Vanessa’s POV

Taking me to a club was part of Riker’s plan to make me nice and normal again. He thought maybe it would make me take my mind off of everything bothering and upsetting me, and put me in a party mode. So he did. And Friday nights were always the best ones. Getting drunk after school, just before the weekend, was always the best.

We had been hanging out a lot, first, because he was my only friend, and because we always had an awesome time together.

“How do I dress for a thing like that?” I asked him.

“Are you telling me you’ve never been to a club before!?” He says on the other line.

“I did, but I-I don’t really remember…?” I lied.

“Oh Jesus! Why didn’t you tell me, Ness!?” He exclaimed. “I’m not taking you out if it’s going to be your first time!”

“Well, then, when is going to be my first time if you aren’t taking me!?” I asked. “It’s not like I have other friends to take me…”

“Fine.” He let out a few seconds later.

“So, how do I dress to blend in?”

“For that, you’d have to dress really slutty, but I’m not letting you dress like that for your first time.”

“Aw! But why not?” I pouted.

“I-, I” I knew he was looking for an explanation, but failed.

“You don’t even know why, idiot.”

“Fine, then. Put on whatever you want.”

“Yay!”

“I’ll pick you up in an hour.”

“Okay!”

I hung up and put the phone down. I opened my closet, scanning it to find something I could possibly wear tonight.

I found some really short black high waisted shorts and a white cropped top. With that, I put on my black combat boots with silver studs and spikes, because I figured high heels would be super hard to dance in. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked like a total badass. I really liked it.

After I finished my make up, I heard the doorbell ring. I grabbed my black leather jacket and headed downstairs.

I opened the door. I looked at Riker, as he did the same at me.

“I told you not to dress like that.”

“Oops…?”

I closed the door and started walking towards his car. He was following me. We both got in his car.

“You still look nice.”

“Thanks.”

He started the car and drove out of the drive way.

“So, rules.”

“Are you freaking kidding me!?” I let out. “I’m 20, you know?”

“Exactly, you’re not even legal yet.”

“Oh my God, Riker! I’m still not a kid!” I told him. “Why are you so protective?”

“I’m responsible for you tonight.”

“You don’t have to be, you know.”

“I feel like I have to, with you.”

“Whatever. So, rules?” I asked.