He narrowed his eyes into a sharp glare, but his lips twitched. "I know what you're doing."

"What?" I laughed, shrugging innocently.

He only rolled his eyes again, but his smile had spread completely on his lips now. It was goofy and wide and wholly unabashed. I blinked, stunned.

He stepped back before running forward to leap into the water.

I squealed, the crash of his landing splashing me with a wave of water.

"The American has entered enemy waters!" Connor shouted, swimming towards Everett to grab his shoulders and dunk him under the water.

My eyes widened. "Connor!"

A second passed and my heart leapt – maybe he actually couldn't swim after all?

But Everett broke the surface and pushed back, grabbing Connor's shaggy blond head and pushing him down.

"Yes!" River yelled, paddling madly towards us.

I laughed, watching as River teamed up with Everett, grabbing Connor's shoulders and dunking him beneath the water. Everett threw his head back in laughter, his dark hair turning sunburnt in the afternoon glow.

His skin was surprisingly tanned, although less than the boys who spent all day on the beach. His eyes were glowing in the sunlight and I wondered how I hadn't realised they were hazel earlier. In the light, they were almost green.

Suddenly, he turned, his eyes meeting mine. I flushed, embarrassed that I'd been caught staring, but he only smirked, raising his hand to point at me.

"Get her!" he screamed.

"No!"

I turned, trying to swim away, but two hands wrapped around my waist and lifted me into the air.

"Austin!" I sputtered, noticing his brown eyes staring up at me. He smiled mischievously.

"Sorry, Isla," he shrugged.

"No!" I squealed, twisting in his arms, but he let me go and I crashed into the lagoon.

When I resurfaced in a burst of bubbles and water, I met with Everett's cheeky grin.

"Don't you dare."

"Dare what?" he teased, his hazel eyes glimmering.

"I've punched you once before, I'm not afraid to do it again," I threatened.

"What?" River shouted, appearing beside me. "You punched him?"

"Oh, you're getting it now, Monroe," Everett snarled. He leapt forward, grabbing me and tossing me over his shoulder in a fireman carry.

"Let me go, Everett!" I yelled, wriggling in his grip.

"Oh, no, you're paying for that one, Monroe," he shouted back.

He spun for a moment, his arm holding my thighs dangerously close to my bum. I had the brief realisation that my bikini was definitely riding up, and my entire arse was on full display right next to his face.

I twisted to glare at him, but he wasn't looking at my arse – he was grinning at my face. He winked, then flipped me forwards into the water.

I screamed until I hit the water, turning and quickly resurfacing to see Everett had fled across the lagoon pool, along with River and Connor.

I exchanged glances with Austin who raised a brow at me. I smiled, nodding towards the other boys.

"Let's get them."