Chapter 24: Tired

Hi everyone ^-^ Thank you for the 6.3k reads 🥺 I appreciate you all. If you're interested, please check out my Sting x reader fanfic too. Thank you for reading and I hope you all enjoy the story.
—————————————————————

" NATSU! NO, YOU CAN'T DIE ON ME! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME! NATSU!!!"

—————————————————————

6 Hours Earlier

" Ugh, it's been raining all day," Summer complained. You along with Sting, Rogue and the exceeds were on your way to Lucy's apartment so you could apologize for yesterday's... incident.

" Even though it's a little ironic, I like rainy days. Besides, it seems to fit the mood." You shrugged as all of you were entering the apartment complex.

Your comment seemed to make everyone quiet. There was nothing but the sound of multiple footsteps climbing the stairs. Sting broke the silence as all of you were now on the floor that Lucy's apartment was in, "Are you sure about this? Technically, you weren't at fault for what happened yesterday."

You stopped walking, causing everyone to do the same. Letting out a long sigh, your head dropped, " Wasn't it though? What Natsu said last night was true. I could've just pushed her away when she kissed Natsu or I could've just pulled him away, but I let my jealousy get the best of me. To be honest, I wished I stayed asleep. I just mess everything up."

Rogue walked in front of you and grabbed you from the shoulders as he looked at your eyes that welled up. You were holding back tears. "Don't say things like that. You have every right to get jealous and besides, we all know the reason you went to extreme measures yesterday was that she had Minerva's scent."

" Yeah, even though that wasn't Minerva transformed as you originally thought then that means she must've been around her. Either way, something isn't right." Sting stated as he began walking to Lucy's apartment again.

The rest of you followed as Summer frowned from the conversation, " I swear Natsu is going to get a piece of my mind the next time I see him."

" Believe me, I wanted to punch him too" Rogue deadpanned as you just rolled your eyes, " He said he didn't mean it and I know he didn't. I just need to talk to him once I see him."

All of you made your way to Lucy's apartment door. You knocked on the door and realized the door slightly moved back with the knock.

" That's weird. She didn't close her door correctly." When you twisted the doorknob, everyone realized it was open.

" Knock some more. It'd be rude to just walk in." Rogue stated and so you did just that, "Lucy? Can we talk? Lucy?"

" Oh c'mon if she wanted to ignore you then she should've at least closed the do-" Before Sting could finish, you interrupted him, " Shh. Hold on. I think I hear mumbling."

Sting slightly groaned, "She's probably talking crap about you or something. Let's just go."

You somewhat put your ear against the door to try to listen better as you tried to figure out what you were hearing. " No. Not that type of mumbling. More like... restrained mumbling!"

Immediately opening the door in an alarmed manner, you quickly scanned the room and no one was there. The others followed behind you. No one made a noise to hear where the mumbling was coming from.

You followed the noise to Lucy's room, but it was also empty. The sound was closer though and as you followed the noise, the closer it brought you to Lucy's closet.