Chapter 26: Forbidden Negotiation

Hey everyone, how was the last chapter? :) I hope you enjoyed it and thank you so much for reading my story up to this point. I hope you enjoy this chapter too :)
TW// Eating Disorder

ALSO, OUTFIT CHANGE [CREDIT TO THE ARTIST]

—————————————————————

It's been seven days since Natsu's death and since that day, you've been helping every member from Fairytail any way you could. Any favor that they asked, you did it, not only because you felt at fault due to what happened, but you also did anything you could to not remember that day.

The cheerful and lively guild that Fairytail once was, is now filled with nothing but heartache. These past days you've been the biggest hypocrite in the world because you told everyone to make sure to take care of themselves even though you've been doing the complete opposite to yourself.

Right now, you were right at the doorstep of Lucy's apartment since Happy has been staying with her. You haven't talked to her at all, because as fate would have it, she was always busy doing something when you went to go check on Happy.

It seemed like today had other plans though because when you knocked on the door to expect a blue flying exceed, you were greeted by the celestial wizard.

" Oh- Uhm... Hey." You felt immediately nervous because the last time you two interacted was when you broke the news to her about Natsu's death and she got really upset with you, not that you blamed her.

" (Y/n) hey, please come in," Lucy said, opening the door widely for you to walk in. Before you had the chance to decide for yourself, you realized all of the members of Natsu's team were here.

To be honest, you just wanted to turn around and run in the opposite direction from how awkward this might be due to your last interaction with all of them.

" (Y/n), hey we've been wanting to talk to you," Gray said from afar, standing up to get your attention.

You had no choice, but to walk in. When you saw the blue exceed, you handed him a small bag that you brought with you, " This is for you. I thought you might like some fish."

Happy gave you a really weak smile as he took the bag off of your hands. Finally turning your attention to Natsu's team, you just leaned against Lucy's bookshelf as Gray sat back down.

Erza began filling the awkward silence, " We wanted to apologize for how we reacted last week. We had no right to take it out on you."

" Yeah, I never should've laid a hand on you. I'm sorry." Gray apologized as Lucy followed right after him, " Me too. I had no right to yell at you. We never even stopped to consider how you must've been feeling. You two loved each other and-"

" No!" You quickly interrupted Lucy, your gaze fell to the ground as everyone just looked at you confused, " It's okay, really. You guys don't have to apologize. How else were you supposed to react? You guys are his family after all, why wouldn't you be angry?"