Chapter 3:

“Lets go,” Zhi Said. 

He had his arm wrapped around my waist as he helped me walk to where the rest of the team was gathered.

Lu Xia was also there with the rest of the tennis club, seeing me limp over with Zhou Zhi’s help, he walked up to us.

“Are you alright?” Lu Xia asked, asking about my injury.

“It’s fine. It wasn’t bad this time.” I told him. Already, my leg started to feel a little bit better, as I was now able to stand properly on it.

I looked up to Zhi, smiling softly, letting him know that I was okay now. Just as he went to remove his arm from being wrapped around me, someone was pointing at us.

“What? Don’t tell me you already snatched Lu Xue up!” Jiale exclaimed.

“Our innocent little Lu Xue is growing up.” He continued to say, as he dramatically pretended to cry on Dayong.

“What?” Lu Xia asked, looking between Zhi and I.

“We can talk about their new found love later. For now, let's get back to important matters” Siyang said, gaining all of our attention.

“What could be more important than this?!” Jiale exclaimed, gesturing to Zhi and myself.

Suddenly, I saw Coach Na walk up, standing being Jiale.

“Hello, everyone” She said, catching everyone’s attention.

“Coach, you’re back!” Jiale said, smiling in excitement.

“Let me introduce her. This is our coach, Qi Na.” Siyang said, introducing her to the tennis club members, as the main players already knew who she was.

“To prepare for the National Junior Tennis selection, she has returned to coach us this semester.” Siyang continued to say.

Coach Na spoke up now.

“After being away for a year, I’m happy to see so many familiar faces. And we also have some newcomers. Anyways, our goal never changes. We aim to win the national championship.” She said.

Once she finished, Siyang turned to the everyone,

“You can all go practice,” He told the club.

With that, everyone but the team left, I stayed behind.

“I’m glad to see you getting along well here, Lu Xue” Coach Na said to me.

I smiled softly at her.

“Thankyou for allowing me to train with the team.” I said, thanking her.

“I’m just happy to see you making friends. You used to be so shy when you were younger” She told me, chuckling as she thought of my younger self.

“She’s still shy,” Zhi said, smiling down at me, making me blush.

“Uhm… let’s go practice,” I quickly said, moving to walk back to the court where I had left my racket.

Zhi got me started, practicing hitting balls thrown from the ball machine. Zhi was on the court next to me, practicing with a machine as well.

After a while, he stopped both machines. I sighed, walking over to the bench. I collapsed down onto it, laying my head onto the bench as I tried to catch my breath.

I saw Zhi’s figure, come to stand over me, blocking the sun from my eyes.

Sitting up, I looked up to the boy in front of me. I blushed, quickly looking away. I still couldn’t believe that he had confessed to me.