Chapter 26:

The next day,  I was standing on the court alongside Siyang, Yan, and Coach Na as the team and tennis club all ran laps.

"Is Yan out of his mind? Why should we run around the court 100 times?" I hear someone say as they pass by us.

When the guys finally came to a stop, I quickly walked over to Zhi, wiping his face of sweat with a towel.

"I'm your little brother, worry about me first." Lu Xia whines as he wipes his face on the sleeve of his uniform.

"Nope. You didn't want my affections before, don't ask for them now." I say with a teasing smile.

After wiping Zhi's sweat, I then turn to Lu Xia. However, the smile I wore now dropped from my face when I looked closely at his face. Along the side of his face were a bunch of small scratches.

"Lu Xia. What happened to you?" I ask, grabbing his face and turning him to face me.

"N-Nothing. Just go back to worrying about Zhi. I just tripped and got cut is all." Lu Xia quickly tells me before pulling away and walking away from me.

Before I can go after him, Coach Na clears her through to speak.

"Everyone must follow Yan's plan. After running, you will compete in pairs." She tells the boys.

"What?" Jiale exclaims as he tries to catch his breath still.

Ten minutes later, I'm standing alongside Siyang as he instructs Zhi, Jiale, and Lu Xia.

"We will carry out Yan's plan. Jiale, you have poor physical strength. You need to prepare yourself." Siyang says, as Jiale then scratches his kneck in embarrassment.

"Oh. Captain, I know that. I will work hard." Jaile then says confidently.

Siyang nods his head before moving on.

"Zhou Zhi, Lu Xia. Prepare yourselves for the competition." Siyang tells them.

'Competition? WIll Lu Xia and Zhi play against one another?' I think to myself. I already knew that both Zhi and my brother were very good players, either would be hard to beat.

"Now?" Zhi asks.

"Now," Siayng confirms with a nod.

"Zhou Zhi versus Lu Xia. It would be a remarkable match. I should tell everyone to watch. Wait a moment." Jiale exclaims as he then runs away.

"Okay, get ready," Siyang says as he too then walks away.

I look to Zhi and my brother, both of whom I loved deeply. I was excited to see how this match would turn out. I also couldn't help but think about what the outcome would be if Zhi and I were to ever have a real match. But I knew my tennis days were over, at least until the twins were old enough to be taught to play themselves.

I smile at the thought,  watching as Lu Xia then turns around and walks away.

Now, Zhi and I are left alone and he watches me smile at my own thoughts.

"So, who are you rooting for?" Zhi asks, walking forwards and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Hmm... I'm not too sure actually." I admit to him.

"While I'd like to think that my lovely, very handsome fiance will win..." I start, leaning up to gently peck Zhi's cheek.

"I know my brother is as strong a player as I used to be. But, considering you already have my heart, I'll definitely be rooting for you." I say, as I slip out of Zhi's arms and walk backward away from him.

*****Next chapter will contain the match between Zhou Zhi and Lu Xia. Sorry for being MIA for so long. I'm slowly getting over the worst case of writers' block ever. My mind's just been a huge blank for a while and I've just recently regained my inspiration for writing again... Also, my family is moving house soon and when I do I will get a real desk for my setup, that way it will be much easier for me to write. So please look forward to seeing more updates from me in the future.