Chapter 8

Work had been nothing short of torture for Lauren since her night with Camila. She carried herself poorly, she wasn't active in court, she barely ate; she hated herself for doing what she did to the small brunette. Camila had an effect on her that didn't make sense, but all Lauren knew was that she got defensive when people started to question her on something that she didn't understand.

A week had gone by, and just like always, Lauren started to feel like her skin was crawling from pent up sexual frustration. She sighed as she plopped herself down in her chair and stared out at the view of her corner office. She would go back to Lucy's, absolutely, but she needed to figure out what her next move would be. Part of her wanted to get Camila again and apologize, part of her wanted to get another girl to get Lucy off her back, part of her wanted to know why she was thinking this much at all considering it was her money and she was free to do with it what she liked. Lauren looked at watch and decided she would take a half day so she could get a jumpstart on her weekend and go to Lucy's now. She decided her course of action as she waited for the elevator.

When the cabbie asked her where she was going, she told him her address. She ran inside to pick up the little object that had been lying next to her bed for a week and ran back out to the waiting taxi, giving Lucy's address as she slammed the door shut.

**

Lauren jogged up the steps and rang the doorbell twice, rocking on her heels while she waited for someone to answer. For the first time in ages, Ashley was the one to swing the door open and greet her with a smile and a bow. Lauren was secretly relieved; she wasn't in the mood to deal with Keana's attitude again. She had spent this much time psyching herself up to come back, she didn't want to lose her momentum in an instant.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Jauregui. I hope you've been well," Ashley said kindly with a bow. Lauren nodded and looked around.

"Where's Keana?" Lauren asked softly as she removed her coat and handed it to the blonde.

"This isn't her shift yet, ma'am. Will you need a catalogue or do you have a girl in mind?"

Lauren shook her head and took a deep breath. "Camila. I...Camila." Lauren nodded once. She didn't feel like explaining herself. Ashley must not have heard the commotion from Keana, Lucy or even Camila herself, as she simply nodded and waved her arm towards a chair for Lauren to sit in.

The young lawyer sat in her chair, fidgeting endlessly. Finally, Lauren's head snapped up at the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs. Ashley was talking to Camila, whose arms were crossed tightly across her chest.

Lauren sprung up and stood tall when Ashley presented Camila to Lauren. "Ladies, the Blue Room is available, do you need me to guide you there?"

Lauren couldn't take her eyes off of Camila. The young girl was staring straight at the ground, her arms still crossed, switching her weight from one foot to the other; she was completely closed off, in defense mode. "No, I know where that is, thank you Ashley," Lauren said softly. "Shall we?" Lauren asked hopefully. Camila nodded begrudgingly. A client had selected her; she didn't have a say. Camila spun around and walked slowly up the stairs, Lauren right behind her. When they reached the third floor landing, Lauren strode ahead, passing a yellow door, a purple door and finally a gray door until they arrived at the blue one. Lauren turned the door knob. "After you."

Camila walked inside, Lauren right behind her. The dark haired woman shut the door and clicked on the lights, and turned around to meet Camila who had already disrobed and was making her way towards the bed. "Camila, wait." Camila stopped and went back into her defensive position from downstairs.

"What is it, Master Lauren?"

Lauren bit her lip. "No more of that, I'm not Master Lauren any more."