Chapter 5

I know if I try to run I'll be killed just like my parents were, they ran didn't they? They ran to protect me and themselves from the dangers that lied ahead for them and me. I wouldn't think that my parents were those sorts of people but I guess they were ruthless killers at the end of the day. To me it was hidden where I couldn't see it anywhere, where I was completely oblivious to it. Was it really to protect to me? It all seems like a big lie now...

"Cam. We're here" Andy calls from the drivers seat.

"Okay Andy, Charlotte and I will go check it out before you guys come in" I say clearly, I can see Emma shaking while clinging to the door handle. Kiera has her face buried in a pillow, Brandon is staring out the window and Henry is staring down at his Ipod listening to music.

"Oh ok" Charlotte says shyly picking up her bag of items.

I get out of the car and sigh, looking at the house we have been given is a luxury. Even in Henry's rich boy sense its luxury, I cannot believe they had chosen this huge place for us! How will we clean it?!

"Cam. I don't know if I can do this. Go back to a normal life during the day and do stuff like we trained at night. Im scared." Charlotte says nervously, she is shaking as well as crying making her eyes all puffy.

"We will get through this. I promise", I say holding her hand while we walk.

"You can't make a promise like that. No one can." She says quietly.

"I'll try Charlotte" I say with a small smile.

We enter the house and everything is covered in sheets, dust covers the sheets as well as the floor and tables. Looking towards the kitchen I see some bags of food and a beautiful back terrace which leads into a large back garden and a pool.

"Down stairs is clear" Charlotte yells while climbing up the stairs.

"This place is beautiful" I mumble to myself.

"ARRGGH. Holy crap." Charlotte screams, it echoes through the whole building and makes the scream so horrible.

"Charlotte!" I yell running up the stairs.

"Sorry Cam! It was just a maniquin!" Charlotte yells to me, my breathing calms down and I've now stopped in the middle of the stairs. Though my mind is racing, how can I protect this lot? I really want to keep them alive and from harm but I guess theres going to be harm all in our lifes now.

"Cam? Are you ok?" Charlotte says stepping towards me, I think I must be scaring her more than I should be. Me standing here looking into space on a stair case? What expression must i have on my face to make her look so worried.

"Yeah sorry. Im fine." I say snapping my head up to her height making me look up. She still looks scared of me, or maybe she is scared for the whole groups safety. Maybe she just wants to run. Run away from this place and what we must do, running is the most logical thing. If we do run they will catch us some day... it took years for them to find my parents. So why don't we just run?

"Top level is clear" She says still looking at me curiously. I take out my phone and dial Andy's number, I must add on my new phone. They bought us all new electronic items and gave us heaps of money and had entrusted it to me.

"Hello Andrew speaking."

"Hey Andy, Cam here. You guys can come in now." I say before hanging up.

But before I can hang up Andy angrily says "Wait. Kiera isn't going to come. I've tried to get her out of the car but she is not budging."

"Ok. Im coming" I say hanging up. Sighing I put down my bag on the stairs and go back down to the car. I see Kiera still has her head buried into the pillow, I suspect shes crying which is never any good. She has never really cried in front of anyone before, except probably alone in her bed at night.

Emma, Henry, Brandon and Andy are standing on the front porch with Charlotte looking nervous, they probably think Kiera and I will have another fight again but I don't want that to happen. It seems wrong to get on the bad side of Kiera but then again Im already on the bad side of Kiera cause y'know she hates me.

"Kiera get out" I say calmly. Im going for the nice method first, then Im going to get even harder and harder on her. She should not be crying like this, it shows her enemies that she is weak and no-one wants to be shown as weak.

"No" She says in a sobbing voice.

"Please get out." I say again politely.

"NO!" She screams.

"Kiera. If you don't get out I'll call your guard to come pick you up and take you back to the compound where you will stay!"

"I don't care!" She yells through her sobbing voice.

"God damnit Kiera! Stop being a little stuck up bitch! " I say pulling her out of the car with force, I plonk her onto the group and she doesn't fight back. I look to the porch where I see Emma and Charlotte both have their hands to their mouths showing how shocked they are. The boys just seem serious because they know this is nescessary.

"GET UP!" I yell at her with force, she cowers back into her pillow and I pull at her hair making her scream. I hear a few gasps from the porch and running feet, it seems I've been too hard.

"Kiera. If you don't get up you will not be choosing your bed room and you will be cleaning the whole house from top to bottom!"

"FINE FINE FINE! LET GO!" She screams making her voice crack, I know I've done the wrong thing but some place in my heart said it was nescessary and others simpathise for her.

I look up to see Emma running down from the porch, slamming the car door I angrily walk up to the house still hearing the sobs of Kiera. I pick up my stuff from the stairs and wander into a random room, one with a large bed, a large window and a door which leads to a bathroom.

I lay down on the bed and think about what I have done, being hard on Kiera is very difficult for me. Somewhere in my heart I actually like her, Its just I didn't know I could be like that. I couldn't be that hard before I had been at the compound. Could I?