Chapter 2

Mila's POV.

I don't agree with the expression "Another day, another dollar" cause it simply does not agree with my day to day life. The currency I get paid in changes every other day or every other week at times as I travel for a living. Well. Travel and some more.

I'm a professional assassin, bounty hunter and all in all badass killer bitch that leaves a trail of dead bodies wherever she goes.

It may seem gruesome to some but you have to make a living somehow, right? Sure I could have gone into college or university but unfortunately I never found that sort of stuff appealing. My life had always been far from normal as I've been in and out of foster care until I hit 18 five years ago. From a young age I had to learn how to fend for myself and fight off any creeps that could possibly come my way. I've been discovered by a guy named Jimmy in a dark alley one night when I was beating the shit out of this dude that wouldn't leave me alone. He just stated that I could use those hands for something better. I was about to beat his ass too until he offered me the job I'm currently doing. Great money, no possible way of tracing me as I'm always off the radar unless it's a fake identity for travel and I get to blow off some steam in every country I go to. Yeah I'm an international assassin and yes I get to sleep around with women from different countries.

I'm currently writing down some times and dates of someone's routine that I'm supposed to go and find god knows where in Budapest and make sure to make his death look accidental. I'm getting all the info that there is about my target until I decide to rest my eyes for a minute and look around the crowded building.

A couple of rows away from my seat I see this innocent looking young woman scrolling on her phone and then looking up right at me. For a split second I think she's not looking at me at all but when I realise she is I can't help but feel my own lips tugging into a small side smile.

Suddenly the girl blushes and looks down at her phone again trying her hardest to play it cool.

Something about her gets my attention so I flip a couple of pages and without really thinking much of it I start drawing her. I keep looking up to try and get any detail I can perfectly.

I start with her softly defined face shape then her high cheekbones, rosy cheeks, small button nose, perfectly dark eyebrows, her bleached blonde hair that barely went past the "shoulder length" stage and a couple tattoos that were poking out from her black oversized band t-shirt sleeves and a couple of smaller ones peppered across her arm. She had a nice and seemingly perfect amount of them whereas I just had both of my sleeves and both my hands done with the most random crap I could come up with. There were quite a few piece's that I called my favourite but most of them were just gap fillers.

There was a loud announcement that the gate was now open and to my surprise the mystery girl shot up and headed down to the same gate as well. When I got to my spot in the line she was almost going through the gate to get to her seat. From that distance I noticed her eyes had the softest shade of ocean green due to the line being looped around the corridor.

When our eyes met one more time I smiled softly at her and patiently waited to get in and be seated.

Once I got onto the plane I caught a glimpse of the girl and bit back a smile. No one needed to see me smile other than her. And my victims right before I kill them.

I sat down next to an elderly lady and put my headphones on to save me from any unnecessary small talk that seemed to suck my soul out with each word spoken. I pulled out my sunglasses and popped them on too for good measure so she'd assume I'm asleep.

I closed my eyes and tried to remember every little detail I knew about my victim but my mind kept drifting to the mystery girl. I think I'll have to learn more about her. Otherwise my obsessive mind will keep distracting me with thoughts of her which I don't need at the moment. But if I didn't need it... why did she keep making her way into my brain invading my assorted thoughts and making a mess? I couldn't focus. I felt myself clenching my fists and tried to relax by letting out a shaky breath I didn't know I was holding. I calmed myself down just enough to relax in my seat again and try to plan out my assassination. Unfortunately or fortunately for me I fell asleep for a quick recharge but I couldn't care less as I needed all the energy I could naturally collect. Staying awake for two nights does take a toll on you. Especially if you're trying to focus on your plan and your thoughts get flung into the air as if someone had taken your stack of printer papers and threw them into the sky for the hell of it.