⸢ Chapter 6 ⸥

After wandering in the darkness by himself for a couple of minutes, Joshua reached the end of the stairs.

His eyes scanned the area around him as many different coloured cars filled his view.

He continued to look around before a plan formed in his head.

He would leave the parking lot and find someone who could help and take him to the police station. He would give them Jeonghan's location so that they could arrest him. Afterwards, Joshua could finally return to his ordinary life with his boyfriend and the café he opened recently.

The male wondered about the car park, trying to find the exit, as a noise caught his attention.

At first, he thought that the sound was coming from the club since the parking lot was underneath it, but it was too clear to be coming from upstairs.

In the end, the boy decided to follow the noise, thinking that it might be someone who needed help, to a slightly opened door, hidden between two cars.

A small yellow sign was on the door with the words, 'Boiler Room, Do Not Enter,' on it.

He didn't want to go inside, but the sound came from the other side of the door. It, which he now understood, was a person's voice.

The boy made up his mind to take just a glance through the small gap, in case it was just a heating engineer fixing the boiler or something.

As his eyes got used to the surroundings, Joshua saw a familiar guy with hair dyed blonde, along with a few men dressed in black accompanying him. Another person was in the room, tied to a grey chair, with bruises scattered all over his face, making him unrecognizable to Joshua.

"Please, I'm begging you! Let me go!" he cried out to the blonde figure.

"I can't let you go without you, realizing your mistake, can I?" the male questioned him, walking in circles around him like he was taking a casual stroll around the park.

"But what have I done, Mr Yoon? I-I'll make sure to correct my mistakes!" he pleaded, making the guy, who Joshua realized was Jeonghan, stop in front of him.

He pulled out a gun from a black leather holster, which the boy had never noticed before.

The male began to trace his finger along the weapon, like it's just a simple toy, making the man gawp at it in fear.

"All I can say is... You touched something that belongs to me."

When Jeonghan saw the man's confused face, he let out a laugh and shook his head in disbelief.

That was when it hit Joshua. His mind went back to the creepy man, who had touched him before, and a strange piercing stare from behind him, following the event.

It must have been Jeonghan.

The younger had pondered about it for so long that he failed to notice the man, begging for mercy and Jeonghan lifting the gun to his head until it was too late.

Just at the last second, he watched as the other pulled the trigger, a bang echoing through the room, as silence replaced it right after.

The man's head rolled to the left as all the life in his face drained away, tiny droplets of blood splattering onto Jeonghan's face.

The male wiped it away like it was the most natural thing in the world to clean the blood of someone, who you just killed a few seconds ago, off of yourself.

The sight terrified Joshua, making a gasp slip out of his mouth due to fear.

The younger covered his mouth, realizing what he had done, whilst mentally slapping himself on the head.

In one swift movement, the other turned his head to where Joshua was.

Before the boy could even hide, Jeonghan's famous cold brown eyes met his.

He got up, spun on his heel and fled the scene. He had to get out of here fast unless he wanted to be captured by the male. Who knows what that guy might do to him, now.

The last thing that Joshua heard was the shout of an angry voice.

"Seize him! Don't let him get away this time, or I will fucking kill all of you, one by one!"

↢♛↣

When the boy had found the exit of the underground parking lot, he ran and ran until his legs were aching and sore. The result was that he ended up lost on an empty road in a large park.

He let out a little puff, holding his legs, worn out and tired, as the hum of an engine filled his ears, coming from the distance.

A grey car appeared headed his way, its headlamp casting a pale light onto his figure.

Joshua waved his arm out at the car to catch the attention of the driver.

Thankfully, the vehicle pulled over to where he was standing.

The window by the driver's seat rolled down, revealing the face of a guy who seemed to be around his age.

"Are you alright? Do you need anything?" he asked, a gentle expression on his face.

The boy took a deep breath and crossed his fingers behind him for luck, which seemed to be something that he needed these days, before speaking.

"C-Could you please take me to the police station? It's an e-emergency. Some strangers have been following me..."

The guy nodded his head in the direction of the passenger seat, beside him, before replying.

"Go ahead. I'll take you to the police station."

Joshua didn't hesitate to take his offer. He thanked the other and entered his car from the left side before the vehicle hit the road once more.

↢♛↣

For the past 10 minutes, Joshua sat in his seat with a tense look on his face, thinking of the consequences he would face if Jeonghan catches him.

The car was heavy with awkwardness to the point that you could cut it with a knife. Eventually, the guy cleared his throat and decided to break the tension.

"Well... I'm Daeshim. What about you?" the male introduced himself, breaking the tension, eventually.

"I'm... Joshua Hong..." he responded, suddenly sitting up, holding his head.

For some reason, after the other responded, he began to hyperventilate. His lips felt dry as his vision blurred, like that time when Jeonghan had drugged him on their first meeting.

Daeshim stopped his car at the side of the road when he caught sight of Joshua.

He unbuckled his seatbelt and patted Joshua's hand as he whispered words of comfort into his ear.

When he managed to calm the other, he told the boy that he would buy him a drink from the convenience store across the street.

Joshua gave him a nod before the guy gave him one last pat and left the car.

↢♛↣

Minutes had passed, but Daeshim still hadn't returned.

Fear crept up Joshua's spine, trying to figure out what might have happened to the other.

At that moment, he heard the sound of the car door opening beside him, feeling his shoulder slump in relief.

When Joshua was going to face who he thought was Daeshim, a familiar husky voice greeted him.

He felt his heart race in panic and terror wash over him like a tsunami.

"You have been very naughty, babe~"

↢↢↢↢ ❧ ♛ ☙↣↣↣↣

Hi! (I literally have no idea what to put here) :)