⸢ Chapter 7 ⸥

"Get out and don't try to be clever."

Hesitantly, Joshua got out of the car as Jeonghan stepped out of the way to let him out.

When the boy stepped out, he scanned the road around him to look for any signs of where Daeshim was, but he found nothing.

Tears filled his eyes at the thought of what might have happened to him.

As if the older could read his mind, he said,

"He won't be able to help you, babe." the older said as if he could read his mind.

"D-Did you...?" Joshua stuttered as he noticed the red stain sprinkled on the other's blue button-up shirt.

"I couldn't kill him, could I? That would be ignorant of me since he did try to help, after all..." Jeonghan told him as he began to walk towards the boy.

"W-What exactly did you do to him...?"

Joshua mentally sighed to himself at how he seemed to always become so small and weak around the older.

"Worried about another man, hm?"

As the sentence rolled off his tongue, Jeonghan paused a centimetre away from him and placed his hand on the other's cheek, wiping away the tears that were rolling down his face.

"Save these tears for later, 'cause you're gonna need them."

He moved away and grabbed Joshua's hand before pulling him towards an expensive-looking black sports car, opening the door of the front seat and forcing the younger to sit down before getting into the car himself.

↢♛↣

The air was so heavy with silence that it was almost suffocating.

The smell of cigarettes.

The restlessness in his body.

Everything was unbearable.

Joshua kept his gaze on the passing stars outside the window, not daring to look at the guy, sat next to him.

Despite wandering endlessly through the night sky, even the stars seem to have a better life than him.

"At least it would be better than staying with this cold murderer... Right?" he thought to himself, wiping away another tear that escaped from his puffy eyes.

He leaned his head against the cold glass window, tired from crying, feeling his eyes grow heavy, as sleep began to take over him before the world plunged into pitch darkness.

↢♛↣

He parked the car and turned to the other but immediately stopped when he saw that the boy was fast asleep, in a world of his own.

Jeonghan was still irritated with Joshua, but how the boy looked so vulnerable made his anger vanish in an instant.

The younger's chest rose up and down at a slow and steady pace while he had his right cheek at the bottom of the window, making his face have a cute and chubby look.

"I hate cute things..." Jeonghan murmured, a frown painting his cold face as a gentle smile replaced it.

"But, I guess you can be my only exception..."

↢♛↣

The familiar scent of coffee filled his nostrils.

His eyes explored the empty yet familiar coffee shop, hoping to see the same boy from before, but could find him nowhere, much to his disappointment.

Tears filled his eyes, a lump formed in his throat as he mumbled to himself.

"Where are you, when I need you the most...?"

"Joshua!"

The boy cocked his head, at the shout of his name, towards a white booth with small red rose patterns sewed upon it, placed near the windows.

A guy sat there, wearing a plain white shirt paired with a black leather jacket and ripped blue jeans. A silver ring displayed on his finger, with a V etched upon it.

The rays of the sun glimmered on him warmly through the wind, like a spotlight, giving his brown hair a golden tint.

At the sight of this figure, Joshua rushed towards the male and hugged him tightly.

"I-I thought that I would never see you again, Sollie-ah..." Joshua said, choked back a sob.

Before he even knew it, he began to sob into Vernon's warm embrace, the comforting smell of chocolate enveloping him.

Everything was so real at that moment, to the point that he could actually feel his lover's warmth and the arms wrapped around his body.

"Cheer up! Why are you crying?" the other whispered into his ear, patting Joshua's back to soothe him, completely clueless.

Suddenly, the taller lifted Joshua in a bridal style, his arms securing around his body before he made his way towards the exit of the café.

"What are you doing?" Joshua asked but received no response from the other.

"V-Vernon...?!"

A peculiar yet husky voice appeared in his head, causing his world to fade into darkness.

"Vernon, huh?"

↢♛↣

His vision was somewhat blurry from the light shining into his eyes as he blinked, trying to regain his sight.

When the fog in his mind cleared, allowing him to process his surroundings, he saw two cold brown orbs staring back at him.

The eyes that he dreaded to see the most.

"J-Jeonghan...?"

Joshua realized that what had happened a few moments ago was just a dream.

What felt like reality was only just a dream.

"So... That boy is taking over your dreams now, hm?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"I was thinking of withdrawing your punishment today, despite what happened earlier... But I guess I'm just going to have to show you who your master is, huh?"

"N-No... P-Please don't..."

"But what will happen if I let you off the hook now, babe...? You would probably start having wet dreams about him." he tutted, causing disbelief to be plastered all over the other's face.

"Put me down, Yoon Jeonghan!" he yelled, trying to free himself from the older's grasp, but his actions only made the situation worse.

In one swift movement, the male tightened his grip and swung Joshua onto his shoulder, like he was as light as a feather, as he made his way towards the mansion, faster than before.

"P-Please," he cried, hitting his hands against Jeonghan's back, uselessly, tears streaming down his face like a river.

"Don't do this to me...!"

↢↢↢↢ ❧ ♛ ☙↣↣↣↣

Just a warning, smut is gonna be in the next chapter. uwu

✎「 !Editing Currently¡ Mad Love┇Jihan 」जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें