⸢ Chapter 2 ⸥

Joshua sat in his bed, without moving a muscle for the past 10 minutes, his hand on his stinging cheek.

All he could focus on was the painful sensation caused by Jeonghan because of something that was out of his control.

With a shake of his head, he got out from his bed, thinking back to the warning Jeonghan gave him.

Joshua didn't want to know what would happen if he wasted any more time.

The boy walked to the bathroom that Jeonghan had mentioned before. He noticed a light-blue shirt and some ripped black jeans at the sink. So with no second thought, he grabbed them and dressed.

While Joshua splashed cold water against his face, he noticed a bright red mark on his left cheek.

He bit his bottom lip and sighed as he gently touched the bruise on his face since he couldn't do much about it.

After a few moments by himself in the washroom, he saw the time by the clock on the wall and immediately rushed out of the room, praying that Jeonghan wouldn't notice.

↢♛↣

The little male ran from corridor to corridor but couldn't seem to find the living room, like a lost child in a store.

The place was like a labyrinth, with multiple turns and knots to different rooms. But soon, Joshua paused and laid his back against the wall, taking deep breaths like a fish out of water.

He scanned the area around him to see that he was in the same hallway he'd been in a few seconds ago. He huffed in frustration, a frown plastered on his face.

"I really don't want to get in trouble..."

"What do we have here?"

Joshua snapped his head to the right to see no one there but him. He closed his eyes, the darkness engulfing his vision.

Was his mind playing tricks with him? Has that slap from Jeonghan made him lose his mind?

He continued to debate to himself until he felt someone grab his hand and pinned them to the side of his head as his eyes shot open to see who it was.

A handsome guy stood before him, his features like a model.

Everything about him was different from Jeonghan. The boy was taller than average, had a sharp jawline, long nose, sun-kissed skin and full pink lips. Even his simple brown hair was the opposite of Jeonghan's dyed hair.

Joshua snapped back to reality when he remembered his situation. He knew that if Jeonghan caught him, he would be on thin ice since he was extremely late.

"Why is a pretty boy like you wandering around here?" the other asked, his voice throaty.

"I-I got l-lost..." he stuttered, feeling his face turn a rosy pink.

"Then do you want me to help you, angel?" he questioned as he leaned towards Joshua, a smirk drawn on his face.

"P-Please get away from me..."

"How about... No."

Just as the male was about to move even closer towards him, a sharp voice rang behind him.

"What the hell are you doing?"

Joshua immediately recognised the voice and gulped in fear while the taller moved away from Joshua, grumbling in frustration.

The guy turned, allowing Joshua to get a chance to confirm his suspicions.

"What do you want, Jeonghan?"

"Nothing..." Jeonghan answered in his cold voice, eyeing Joshua, leaving him agitated.

"C'mon, Jun is waiting for us. And, I'll be borrowing the person behind you for a few moments..."

The other rolled his eyes with irritation but obeyed Jeonghan's orders and followed him. Joshua trudged after them, knowing that he was in deep, deep waters.

↢♛↣

"Gosh, what took you two so long?"

Joshua saw another guy lying on a couch with a phone in his hand, with a pouty expression painted on his face.

He presumed that this was the person, called Jun, who Jeonghan had mentioned before.

"Who's that behind you?" he asked, with curious eyes.

Jeonghan glanced at Joshua as if he was waiting for him to say or do something.

Feeling pressured from the glare, Joshua bowed a little before speaking.

"M-My name is J-Joshua Hong..." he introduced himself, stumbling from time to time with his words.

"Well, I'm Wen Junhui, but you can call me Jun. And that guy beside you is Kim Mingyu." Jun told him, a small smile beaming on his lips as if he could feel how tense the boy was.

The smile reassured Joshua, but he still couldn't help but feel frightened.

This guy couldn't be too friendly if he's in this place.

"Enough with the introduction. We have some business to attend to, so if you'll excuse us..." Jeonghan said, clutching Joshua's wrist so hard that the boy felt that he could leave a mark on it.

"We'll be leaving now."

That's when his brain started ringing like a fire alarm.

His mind screamed at him to find a way to escape, like a giant megaphone, but Joshua knew that any attempts of leaving would be useless. Even if he did succeed in getting rid of Jeonghan, he still had Jun and Mingyu in the way.

He could feel himself trembling as Jeonghan dragged him into the direction of the living room corner.

Joshua could see that his captor was leading him to a velvet door as Jeonghan twisted the handle of the door and shoved the boy inside.

He could hear someone say something from behind him, right after Jeonghan pushed him inside the room. It was hard to understand what the person was trying to say, but all that he managed to make out was:

"He'd be lucky to leave with only a few cuts and marks on his skin."

↢↢↢↢ ❧ ♛ ☙↣↣↣↣

School? 

Just no.