6 - Marriage!

Nandhini's Pov:

After a terrific encounter with the drunkard, I was very upset, and my mood was down. But Kathir knows how to console me and how to lift my mood within a few seconds. My heartfelt emotions are on top now. I can't stop thinking about my future with him. Though our marriage is arranged, I can see our beautiful love-filled future with him. I went home and thank God, no one questioned me as I expected them to ask so, and later I tucked myself down to the bed with a smiling face.

Then, I got a message from Kathir asking about my well-being. I told him I am alright, but it seems like he is not convinced by my replies. So he asked me to call him right after 10 minutes. What is with that 10 minutes? I called him after 10 minutes and he picked up the call instantly. To be exact, in 2nd ring itself. "Hello, Kathir?" I started, and he whispered "Hello Nandhu". His voice is too low and I can hear suppressed voice only. Where is he? Why he is speaking like a schoolboy talking to his lover at midnight?

"Nandhini, I am in my dad's room. He asked me to massage his legs, and he is sleeping right next to me. Tolerate my voice for a few more minutes. I will go to my room at some time. Then I can speak audibly. Okay?" he told me before I could ask anything and his husky voice is so sweet than his normal manly voice!! What amazing timing to admire his voice! My heart mocked me. Shut up, you stupid heart.

He then talked about some random things and after some time, he went to his room and asked me about my favourite colour and dress, etc., I know that he is talking about such things to make me forget that incident and to laugh as nothing happened. I love this side of Kathir, being very lovely and caring but I don't know when he will show this side exactly. After speaking some random stuff, I said good night to him as he did to me and cut the call half-heartedly. Tomorrow is the big day as we have a lot of rituals to be done before marriage.

Next day:

My mom strictly ordered me not to use my mobile in between the rituals and this would be the toughest job for me in this entire world. All the pre-marital rituals are done for me by my aunts and cousins and now I am sitting in my room seeing the drizzling climate outside my window. I always wanted to have a balcony in my room but my parents built this house with a common balcony saying that it would be better to enjoy family time. I was interrupted by my cousin who is asking me to check the bangles bought for my wedding. I tried the bangles and told her that it was perfect as I don't want anyone to stay inside my room for a long time. Yes, after all, I love my privacy more than anything in this world. Tomorrow is my wedding. I wondered how Kathir will look in his traditional wear at our wedding and this makes me super excited. I badly want to talk to him but I shouldn't disturb him now. Yes, he told me that he has to pick up his friends who are arriving to attend our wedding.

And don't think that he called me today. I got this piece of information through WhatsApp message and above all, he is not online to see my reply to his message. I don't know what am I going to do with this old school but I should say that I enjoy being with him even he speaks barely with me! weird right?

Wedding...

I woke up at 3 am today as I have to get ready for my wedding. I took a quick bath and when I step out of my bathroom, I saw my makeup artist already sitting on the chair with her box. They started doing their work on my face and I sat quietly giving my co-operation to them to the fullest. After feeling like an eternity, they finished their work and I look at myself in the mirror. They have done an amazing job by keeping my makeup to look natural as well as elegant and then my hair is being braided and adorned with colourful flowers which matched with my saree colour perfectly.

I am all ready for my wedding and then checked my phone to hear anything from a beloved 'romantic star'. But as usual, there is nothing to jump in joy, and this slightly disappointed me. Am I not looking good to him? As far as I know, I am a good looking charming one but Kathir never appreciated me for my beauty or said any compliments on my face. How cruel he is!