28 - Cuddles !!!

Kathiravan's POV:

She was sound asleep in my embrace but her clutch didn't get loosened for which I was glad. Her hair spread a kind of cool scent which I inhaled while closing my eyes and her breathing was steady with her hand heaving up and down slowly. I never thought that little things would make me crazy like this until I felt that personally.

I cuddled with my little human pillow and an unknown smile adored my lips. I placed a soft kiss on her crown and slept with a happy heart.

The next day was no different than others and I took care of Nandhini like a baby. She looked weak and when I came to know about her heavy flow (heavy bleeding), I felt helpless. She was pretending to be normal by hiding her emotional distress but I never let her go through the pain and frustration alone. I distracted her well by teaching her new techniques and even taught her about the digital arts. Nandhini loves colours and the digital artworks impressed her to a great extent.

I gave her fruits and some veg soup for which she cringed and threw tantrums. At that time, I realised how difficult it would be for my FIL and MIL to control the 'little Nandhu' if she behaves like this. Despite all the facts, I love the way she obeyed me when I say something.

After making sure that she was asleep after having a healthy lunch, I picked up my laptop to finish my incomplete office works and all thanks to my interns who lessened my burden by finishing their assignments on time.

In the evening, we both went for a small walk on the lawn where I have met a few of our neighbours. They all seem to be nice people and Nandhini has a great bonding with them. The day went well with our teasing, silly jokes, mocking each other, etc. and I left a relieving sigh as my dearest wife didn't get her periods cramps today.

All these days, we cuddled into each other to fall asleep and this has turned out to be a new habit for which I grew my addiction. Whenever you have no complaints about your life, you wish to stop the time and freeze the moments you love. That's what I feel right now while having her in my arms❤️.

It's been a week since she got her periods and today everything got over. She prepared some spicy chat items as I forbade her from taking spicy foods for the last week. I warned her not to have such spicy food but she was too stubborn to listen to me now. The climate was breezy since the rain gave us a break for a while after pouring for the whole night. The aroma filled my nostrils and it triggered my unseen hunger.

Oh no! I was supposed to be mad right now but this mouth-watering aroma was not helping me to be so. My traitor tummy🤦🏻‍♂️.

She placed the plates before me and asked me to taste the same with her puppy eyes. I fooled her with my fake anger by turning my head to the other side and she, being my sweetest darling nudged me till I get my hands on the plate. When I put the first morsel into my mouth, I realised that it tasted great. We both seated ourselves on our balcony while enjoying the climate along with the food.

"Kathir, do you believe in fairy tales?" She asked me while wiping her hands with a tissue. "Hmmm... No. I don't think it exists in reality." I honestly answered her question and took the bottle to drink water. She nodded and left after collecting the plates in her hands. When she returned, I shot the same question back to her, "Aahn... Do you believe these fairy tales?".

She smiled widely and said, " Of course, yes." She sat down on the seater by crossing her legs comfortably. "I don't say that fairy tales are false. It may be true in that era. But such things like King arriving in a horse, Cinderella's glass slippers are not possible now."

"Then how do you say you believe the fairy tales?" I asked her again after all her reply was confusing and it's beyond me. She chuckled and uttered, "I mean to say that fairy tales are real but they might not be in the same form. See, we are now living in a modernized world where everything is digitalized with electronic codes and machines. Isn't appear stupid if I expect something like a magic stick, mystic stone, and all? That's why I said, fairy tales are real but the forms will vary with changing eras."

"Aahan, then explain what's the fairy tale to you in our span?" I demanded her and she started saying, "For me, I am already living a fairy tale, Kathir. The care you hold for me, the dish that you cook for me, the way you look at me, everything... Everything is a fairy tale. I don't want you to win this world for me or to build a lavishing palace in my name. All I need is you.

Let us cherish and grow together. Let us walk hand in hand whenever we feel happy. Let us celebrate our important anniversaries by baking cakes together. Let us sing like birds who never give a damn to this world. Let us fight and argue over silly things so that we take time to persuade and pamper each other more. Unplanned tours, weekend movie nights, surprising stick notes, sudden gifts, unexpected hugs from behind, convincing kisses, lovely little punishments, cute sorry(s), emotional tears... And whatnot. Every single thing is a fantasy and this will be a beautiful memory pot when we look back years after." She breathed a sigh of contentment and I was spellbound by her revelation and I was in awe of her unveiled fascinations which she spelt out now.

She tossed her hands and muttered, "You know what, I even want us to dance together. Not something like displayed on TVs or not somewhere with aesthetic background and elite music. It may be a place where the stars will witness our joy and get their stomach burned or between people who would get jealous of us for being adorable or in the kitchen while stirring the aromatic curry and whistling along with the cooker or in a lonely lane where the street lights blinking doubtless or in the rain where we get wet laughing madly or in a sunny beach where we sync with the waves which would giggle at our feet." She chortled and her titters filled my heart with honey.

"Now, tell me. Is there anything else to match the fairy tales? Or these things are enough to make our life fairy?" She asked me while placing her chin on her palm and I chuckled, "It was lovely and I surrendered already." I lifted my hands in the air and she chirped gladly.

After finishing our dinner, we retired to our bed and she was leaning on the headboard with her legs wiggling slowly. I knew that she was waiting for me to cuddle with her and I happily wrapped my hands around her waist and pulled her more into me while wishing her good night. "I thought you would not cuddle me tonight" she mumbled hesitantly and I smiled, "I know what my wife feels."

Her breathing hitched for a moment and she blushed intensely before hiding her tinted cheeks in my chest. "I think someone was bold enough before to share her hidden thoughts to her husband. But now, see. She became crimson for a single comment." I teased her and she thumped me lightly which made me laugh out loud.

---------------------

Part 2 to be continued 😉

Well, how's the chapter?

And do you guys believe in fairy tales?

Drop your comments and stay safe💞.

Take care,

- Maaya🤍.