25 - Prove me wrong!

Kathiravan's POV:

When I won the match consecutively for the 5th time, my eyes searched for my lucky charm Nandhini to see the pride in her eyes. Of course, I have heard that wives usually feel proud of the achievements of their husbands. So I was very curious to see her cute face but she disappointed me with her absence. Where is she? I thought she is around me enjoying the game but it seems like she left already.

With a heavy sigh, I got up from the place and chose to go down to see her. But hoarse voice halted my steps and forced me to look from where it was coming. Since we stay in a 4-storey apartment, it was quite obvious to hear the sounds coming from the ground floor. I went and saw the source of the voice which snatched away my breath once again😽.

Yes, my wife was singing a rhyme to a child who was waggling her little hands in the air along with the rhyme. Nandhini was swinging her head and her eyes bulged in and out according to the rhythm of the song. It was indeed a sight not to be missed!

I could hear,
"Ring-a-ring- rosies,
Pocket full of posies,
A tissue, a tissue
We all fall down"
She placed her fists on her cheeks and giggled at the kid sitting before her. Both are drowning in their own sea of joy, not caring about their surroundings who are busy admiring their moments. I chuckled at the way she was playing with the kid, forgetting about the fact she has already married months ago.

I rested my elbows on the steel railings of the terrace and continued to observe the cute things done by Nandhini. She was oblivious to my presence and went on with her playing along with some people around her. I have been residing in this apartment for 4 years now but never tried to befriend anyone since I have Kishore and Rithika at my service🤪.

But Nandhini is the exact opposite of my personality and seems like she has got so many friends in this short time. Later she took the child for a walk by holding her little finger in her soft hand. She looked different around the kid and weirdly I love to see her with that kid.

After some time, she started to leave so I decided to stroll down the stairs to meet my wife.

Nandhini's POV:

I bid my bye to everyone out there on the lawn and supposed to reach my home when a wicked thought crossed my mind. I know Kathir would be home by this time and I don't want to my compassion to him especially when he denied his attention to me all these days.

So I turned back and asked, "Rosh, can I take Preethi home with me?" to which she agreed instantly. I carried her in my arms and opened the door of my home which looked calm and serene. No matter he is home or not, no noise will be there without me😸🤪. Preethi looked amused by her new environment and her eyes scanned everything around us like a clock, photos, calendar, key stand, etc.

"Do you like it, baby doll?" I asked her and she nodded her head without averting her eyes from scanning the room. I let her down on the sofa and made my way to the kitchen to make some snacks for my new guest👻.

Kathiravan's POV:

I took a quick shower as I wish to smell good after a tiring day and dressed in a comfortable tee and capri pants. I walked out after ensuring that Nandhini was home as I heard the sounds from the kitchen. She might be preparing coffee for me. I thought to myself and closed the bedroom door cautiously not to make any noise to draw her attention.

I just want to frighten her by screeching near her ears so I rubbed my palms and sauntered towards the kitchen where she was busy preparing something. I slowly moved towards her and shrieked "boo" which was loud enough to scare anyone😈. But to my surprise, Nandhini didn't get startled by my actions, instead, I heard the cry sound of a baby. I turned around to see the same kid who was weeping her lungs out while holding a choco stick in her hand.