FOUND

V I C T O R I A

V I C T O R I A

After seeing Barbara last night, I started to get very nervous about where Oswald was. I didn't know where he was and I couldn't tell if he was okay or not. And another thing I haven't seen him in two days so where the hell could he be.
"Maybe he's hiding" the voice said.
"Why would he be?" I thought.
"I don't know" it said again.
Selina is still staying with me and she's asleep, I should probably mention it's like 11:00 am and she's still not up. I can't blame her, she probably hasn't slept on a bed that comfortable in her whole life.

My phone suddenly started ringing. I answered it, "Hello" I said. "Victoria" a voice said. I sat up in my chair, "Oswald? Where have you been?" I asked. "In hiding, but someone helped me. See you weren't the only one who got shot" he said. My eyes widened, "you were shot too?" I asked. "Yes, but I need you to come to [Address]" he said. I got up from my chair, "okay I'll be right there" I said and hung up. I ran to the garage and got into the same car I used yesterday.

I got to the apartment building and to the door. I knocked on it, and a couple of seconds later a tall man with glasses and a green sweater opened the door.
"Well he's attractive" the voice said.
"Shut up" I thought.
"Victoria Dane, it's an honor to meet you. The most notorious killer of Gotham. Edward Nygma" he said with his hand out, I shook his hand with a smirk. "It's always nice to meet a fan" I said. He smiled, "you know I started murdering people too" he said. My eyes widened, "good for you. How many?" I asked. "Three" he said with a smile. I chucked, "well that's a good start. I'm here for my friend Oswald" I said. "Oh right, come on in" he said opening the door. I walked in and saw Oswald on the bed. "Victoria!" He shouted in excitement. I ran over to him, "Oswald. I thought I'd never find you" I said hugging him. I pulled away and looked at Edward. There was a guy tied up in a chair with a bag over his head. I pointed at him, "who's that?" I asked. Edward smiled, "This is Mr. Leonard. Oswald was talking in his sleep last night about Galavan killing his mother" he said. Oswald sat up, "I was?" He asked. Edward put his hands on the mans head, "Yes. Mr. Leonard... works for Galavan. Well, before he was arrested, of course" he said. Oswalds eyebrows furrowed, "Arrested?" He asked. I nodded and so did Edward, "Detective Gordon arrested Galavan for kidnapping Mayor James. He's in Blackgate!" He said in excitement. "Huh" Oswald said. Edward frowned, "Oh, I thought you'd be pleased" he said. Oswald looked at Edward, "It doesn't matter anymore" he said. I looked at oswald. "It matters to me" I whispered. "Why is he here?" Oswald asked completely ignoring my statement. "He was a gift for you" Edward said innocently. "And what exactly am I supposed to do with a Leonard?" Oswald asked. "Kill him" Edward said putting his hands on Leonards head again. Leonard whimpered. "I thought it might be nice to get some retribution for your mother's death. That it might cheer you up a little. No?" Edward said walking towards us with a switchblade. Oswald grabbed the blade and sat up and so did I. Oswald walked over to Leonard and Edward and I followed. Leonard started to screaming but obviously it was muffled. Edward started to chuckle in excitement. But Oswald dropped the knife and looked at Edward, "I'm done. I need some rest. And then I'm leaving Gotham forever" Oswald said. He walked back to the bed and fell back to sleep. I looked at him, "Party Pooper" I said. Edward looked at Leonard, "I really thought he would like you. What to do now?" He asked. I watched as Edward dragged the man to a closet and closed the door.

"I like him" the voice said.
"I do too" I thought. Edward sat down at a table and I sat down across from him. He looked at me and smiled, "so who was your first kill?" I asked. He smiled, "a cop. Tom Dougherty" he said. I smiled, "I cop, that's risky. Especially when you work at the GCPD. In forensics" I said. His eyebrows furrowed, "how did you know?" He asked. I smirked, "I know everything, Edward" I said. He put his hand up, "please call me Ed" he said. I smiled and nodded. I lifted my hand up and the switchblade floated into my hand. "Your powers do not obey the laws of physics" Ed said mesmerized by my power. I chuckled, "well physics didn't give me these powers" I said.

Ed went to the piano while Oswald was sleeping and started playing a song. "The fire has gone out, Wet from snow above. But nothing will warm me more. Than my, my mother's love. I light another candle To dry the tears from my face..." Ed was singing along with the record. "Why are you playing this song?" Oswald asked getting up from the bed. I turned in my chair that I hadn't left and Ed turned around to looked at Oswald, "I can bring tears to your eyes and resurrect the dead. I form in an instant and last a lifetime. What am I?" Ed asked. I knew the answer, "A memory. So what?" Oswald said. "You were humming this under your covers. I figure it has meaning for you" Ed said. Oswald sat up, "Every night when I was young, my mother would sing that song to me when I was going to bed" Oswald explained. Ed got up and sat on the bed. "And every time, she would tell me... "Oswald... "don't listen to the other children. "You're handsome and clever. And some day, you will be a great man." She said that every time" he said sobbing. I smirked, knowing at least he had a mother or someone that loved him.

"That's all I have left now. Memories. And they're like daggers in my heart" Oswald said. Ed shook his head, "Not forever" he said. He picked up glasses from his bedside table, "These were Ms. Kringle's. It's all I have left to remember her by. But when I look at these, I don't feel sadness anymore. I feel gratitude. And do you know why?" Ed asked. Oswald looked at him, "No. And I don't care. This little visit is over. I will just simply bid you adieu" Oswald said getting up from the bed, "Mr. Penguin. For some men, love is a source of strength. But for all three of us, it will always be our most crippling weakness" Ed said. I looked up at him, and he was right, "Ed's got a point" I said. Oswald was getting angry, "Move aside, Ed!" He said. "We are better off unencumbered" Ed said. "What did you say?" Oswald asked. "You said it yourself. Your mother is dead because of your weakness. But what you need to realize is that your weakness was her" Ed said. Oswald grabbed a knife and put it to Ed's throat, "My mother was a saint! The only person who truly cared about me, and now she's gone! And I have nothing left!" Oswald cried. I sat up and lifted my hand and the knife flew into my hand. I walked over to the two men, "A man with nothing that he loves... is a man who cannot be bargained. A man that cannot be betrayed. A man who answers to no one... but himself. And that is the man that I see before me. A free man" Ed explained.

Oswald looked at me, "what about Victoria?" He asked. Ed looked at me and put his hand on my shoulder, "Jerome was her downfall. Now that he's gone, she's stronger and more powerful than ever" he said. I thought about it and Ed was right.

We were having breakfast with Ed. And both of the boys were singing. "For my mother looks over me" they sang and I laughed. "And again!" Ed said. "The fire has gone out, Wet snow from above. But nothing will warm me more. Than my, my mother's love" Ed continued to sing but Oswald had stopped. "What happened to that gentleman you had tied up earlier?" Oswald asked. Ed and I looked at each other with a smile, "Galavan's lackey? Why do you ask?" Ed asked. Oswald smiled. Ed got up and opened the closet. "My mother always said a party is not a party without entertainment" Oswald said. Ed smiled and pulled the man out of the closet. I looked at both of the men, "I'm so proud of you both, my two new friends" I said smiling.