Chapter 31

14 years ago.

Lyla's pov

I put on my shoes and snuck out the door to see Phillip, my 'boyfriend'. I made sure all the lights were turned off and I made sure that Daniel and Reese were asleep. I grabbed my keys and locked the door on my way out. I got in the car and immediately turned off my headlights so that nobody sees. I backed out of the drive and headed towards the park, where we meet.

Once I reached the park, I made sure to pull my coat over my belly, so that he hopefully doesn't see. I saw him sitting on our usual bench with his brown coat over him and he was messing with his hands, waiting for me. I walked up to him and sat down next to him.

"Thought you wouldn't show up tonight." He said turning to me and smiling.

"Of course I would show up, I can't stay away from you." I said smiling back at him. He hugged me around the shoulders and said,

"Why do we have to hide from everybody?" I swallowed and said,

"You know why, I'm married to Daniel and we have a kid together, I can't just up and leave him like that, it's too cruel, but I only have feelings for you, I just tolerate Daniel." I said, and I truly meant it. Daniel was gone half the time at work, but Phillip was always there for me.

"Fine, alright, but just tell me why you can't stage a big fight and divorce him?" Phillip asked and I shrugged.

"Because then I wouldn't get the extra money." I said and he nodded.

"Understandable." He said and we sat in silence. He rubbed my arm and sighed,

"Come walk with me." He said and pulled me up, we started walking and I forgot to cover my belly, he saw the small bump and said,

"Are you what I think?" He whispered

"Yes. But-"

"That's great, I mean, that's awesome. We can finally get married and have our own house, our own family together." He said taking both of my hands and looking me in the eye.

"It's not yours." I said and his face fell, dropping my hands.

"You're lying, it has to be mine." He said, frantically. I just shook my head no and he started getting mad and yelled,

"You lying, cheating, filthy excuse of a woman!" I started walking away, ignoring his insults, because I knew they were true, I just didn't want to admit it. I got in my car and turned it on, only to see Phillip on his knees with his head in his hands. I backed the car up and headed home.

Once I reached home, I unlocked the door only to see Daniel standing in the kitchen.

"What were you doing out at two in the morning?" He asked.

"Um, I was just um, listen, I got really nervous about this, and I needed time to think, I went to the park trying to find the right words, but I guess I'll just tell you now, I'm pregnant." I said and he smiled,

"Really?"

''Really." I said and smiled back at him, I feel like a traitor. First to Daryl then to Phillip, but overall to Daniel. That night was the night I knew I had screwed up badly.

Present time

Andrea's pov

"Andrea, can you come here for a second?" Phillip called me and I opened the door to his office and took a seat on the other side of the desk he was sat at.

"What do you need?" I asked and he said.

"I've been thinking, and do you remember your old group, you know with Rick and Shane and everyone?"

"Yeah, why? Shane's dead and they've moved to a prison." I said and he nodded.

"Oh, I'm well aware of that, and now I need you to play a part for me." He said and I nodded

"What do you need me to do?"

"Well you see, they have two members that I need, Lyla and Rayne Grace, do their names ring a bell?" He asked and I nodded, Rayne was the one who ratted me out and Lyla's the one hooking up with Daryl.

"Yeah, I do."

"Great, because you're going to get them to accept you back into their group, and you're going to report to me what they're doing, any plans of theirs, watch schedules, the works." He said and I nodded.

"Then, a day before we attack, you'll leave and I'll get what I want."

"Why do you want them?" I asked and then he proceeded to tell me the story.

"I see, I'll do what I can." I said and he nodded, smiling at me.

"Thank you." I nodded and walked out of his office, getting ready to leave Woodbury for the prison. Michonne walked up to me and said,

"I heard what he said and I'm coming with you."

"Listen, I understand you don't like the guy, but you have to trust him." I said to her but she ignored me, I guess she really is going to follow me. We only packed weapons before we went out.

We had reached the prison and Rick let us in the gates, and we dropped our stuff off in a cell, I saw Rayne coming to get her things and I watched her, thinking of all the things that could and will happen to her when Phillip gets his hands on her. I guess she felt me watching because she glared at me, I guess she hasn't forgiven me.

After we got settled in, Rick had called a meeting, and we were voted not to stay. We were to leave after Lori was buried, which meant that Woodbury had to attack then and there, they're most vulnerable point.

The next day Michonne and I had been sitting in our cell until she said,

"Are you really going to do this to a kid?"

"What else am I supposed to do? Phillip would literally kill me if I disobeyed him."

"You could do the right thing." Michonne said and left. I sighed and got up, only to see Merle.

"How did you get here?" I asked and he turned around.

"Well if it ain't good ol' sugartits."

"Cut the crap Merle, did Phillip send you too?"

"Yeah, sent me and a group to spy on this place, but Rick and a couple other took 'em out, but Daryl was there an' he let me come back, the little girl though, she got shot in the leg." He said and I nodded.

"Do you know her name?"

"I think they said it was Rayne, or some weird shit like that."

"Alright, you do know Phillip is going to attack this place, right?"

"Yeah, but he ain't goin' to."

"Why not?"

"Because I'mma kill 'im first." Merle said and I nodded,

"You better get to planning." I said and he nodded. We sat there talking a little bit more on why Phillip wanted the girls and Merle understood. It wasn't until I had repeated the story I realized that Phillip had to die, he was a monster.