Chapter 39: To Be a Diamond

Start from the beginning

At the Garden.

The Warp Pad illuminates and Pink steps out of it.

(Spinel) Pink! You're back!

She bounces over to her playmate.

(Pink Diamond) Hello, Spinel. What have you been up to while I was gone?

(Spinel) Oh, nothing much. Just waiting for you to come back. So, what game are we going to play today?

(Pink Diamond) Hmm... How about Hide and Seek?

(Spinel) Hide and Seek?! Great! I'll be it!

She covers her eyes and started counting.

(Spinel) One... Two... Three... Four... Five... Six... Seven... Eight.... Nine... Ten! Ready or not, here I come!

She went to search for her best friend. She checked behind pillar #4 but she wasn't there. She checked pillars #7 and #2 but she wasn't there either.

(Spinel) Hmm? Oh, I know where she is!

She quickly jumps over to the fountain to find Pink hiding inside the water, again.

(Spinel) I found you!

Pink comes out of her hiding spot.

(Pink Diamond) Okay, my turn.

Pink put her hands on her eyes and counted while Spinel was giggling. She wanted to find a unique spot that Pink would never find her. She bounced on top of pillar #1 and watched Pink search for her.

Hours passed and Pink eventually gave up.

(Pink Diamond) Okay, Spinel, you win.

Spinel came out of hiding but made sure Pink didn't see her so she can hide there next time.

(Pink Diamond) Okay, Spinel, lets--

[BEEP]

[BEEP]

It was a communicator that was placed in the Garden for emergency purposes. Pink answered it and it was Yellow and Blue.

[Communicator] (Blue Diamond) Pink, we have to speak with you.

(Pink Diamond) About what?

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) We have been discussing about you getting a colony.

(Pink Diamond) A colony?!

(Spinel) (gasp) A new place to play!

[Communicator] (Yellow Diamond) Your colony will be the Earth.

[Communicator] (Blue Diamond) You are to be very careful and responsible for your colony, understand?

(Pink Diamond) Yes, Blue.

The communicator turned off.

(Spinel) Come on, Pink! Let's go to Earth so we can play!

(Pink Diamond) Uh, Spinel, you need to stay here.

She went to the Warp Pad with Spinel following her. Pink held her hand out as sign language for Spinel to stop. She proceeded back to the Warp Pad but Spinel was still following her.

Pink turned around.

(Pink Diamond) No, no, no, Spinel. You have to stay here.

(Spinel) Huh? Why?

(Pink Diamond) Because... Because I need to make sure the Earth is safe for us to play. You don't want us to play in a dangerous environment, do you?

(Spinel) No, that won't be fun.

(Pink Diamond) Right. So just stand right over there and I will comenback and let you know it's safe.

She went on the Warp Pad while Spinel was standing there.

(Spinel) Goodbye, Pink! See you next time!

(Pink Diamond) Goodbye. Spinel...

She used the Warp Pad. Pink Warped back on Homeworld to gather her belongings before having an escort take her to Earth so she can establish her colony. Her pearl was informed about the news.

(Pink Diamond) Oh, Pearl, the time has finally come! I can finally create a colony.

(Pearl) That is very wonderful news, my Diamond.

(Pink Diamond) Come on, let's go!

(Pearl) Certainly, my Diamond.

She followed Pink to her palanquin. The palanquin was transported onto a ship and it went to the Earth. Once it went to the planet, the palanquin was teleported to the Earth ground and the legs for it stretched out.

The door opened and Pink stepped out and breathed in the air.

(Pink Diamond) (Inhales then exhales) This planet has a funny smell.

Her pearl was behind her.

(Pearl) Certainly not the greatest.

Pink explored a little bit before her pearl reminded her the objective.

(Pearl) The injectors will be deployed shortly.

(Pink Diamond) Oh, yeah, we're only here to tell them it's safe for deployment.

(Pearl) I'll inform them that the injectors shall be delivered to this planet at once.

Pink went back to her palanquin and waited for the injectors to show up and plant into the planet to suck up the minerals inside the Earth's crust to create more gems so they can expand their empire all over the universe. Pink watched the injectors come from the clouds and brutally dig into the dirt. The injectors started doing their purpose.

(Pearl) We should report to the Moon Base so we can complete your daily report.

(Pink Diamond) Yeah, let's go.

They palanquin went back up to the ship and zoomed off to the Moon.

End of Chapter 39