Chapter 25: Secrets

Quadruple Episodes: "Beta" (Partial), "Earthlings", "Back to the Moon", & "Bubbled" (Partial) but written differently.

3rd Person P.O.V.

The next day, Steven was going to the Barn to check on Peridot and Lapis. He had his armor on because after he checks on the two gems in the barn, he was going to look for Jasper. Jasper doesn't scare him, but he doesn't want her loose with corrupted gems as her "soldiers".

Her immorality is a means to an end. Steven saw Peridot outside the barn, looking like she planned on leaving and she was holding something in her hand.

(Peridot) Steven! I was-- Whoa, where'd you get the armor?

(Steven) From a friend. What's that in yout hand?

(Peridot) Okay, so you remember about a week ago when you suggested I should give Lapis a gift to help change her judgement about me?

(Steven) Yes.

(Peridot) So, I decided about giving you a gift.

She presented a small device in her hand.

(Steven) What is it?

(Peridot) It's a handmade sequencer. Homeworld has dozens of these but I made one out of my limb enhancers and some parts from the drill.

(Steven) What is the purpose of this device?

(Peridot) It's suppose to manipulate Warp Pads and gem tech. But it's not fully upgraded yet. Due to the lack of parts we have, it can only control Warps. I think we can find some parts to complete it at the Beta Kindergarten.

(Steven) Beta Kindergarten?

(Peridot) Yeah, it's similar to the Prime Kindergarten but it was only a test site for the first gems to emerge from the ground. It should be empty like the other Kindergarten, I hope. I know what parts we need so I was going to ask you to come with me.

(Steven) Why are you asking me to come with you?

(Peridot) Because... I'm... afraid to go myself and Lapis doesn't want to go.

(Steven) All right, I planned on going out there anyway.

(Peridot) Great! Let's get going.

She lead him to the nearest Warp Pad.

(Peridot) This is a perfect opportunity for you to try the sequencer.

They got on the Warp and Steven opened the sequencer.

(Steven) What do I do?

(Peridot) I'll elaborate. There's a "Sync Warp" button on the right. Press it.

He complied.

(Peridot) Next, it'll connect to the nearest Warp Pad, which is this one, and then, it'll give you a map layout of all the accessible Warp Pads this one can take you. Press the desired location and it'll take you right to it. I reccomend you memorize the map layout so you can access the Warps easily.

(Steven) Where's the Beta Kindergarten?

(Peridot) I'll show you.

She showed him the location and she pressed it for him. The Warp Pad activated and took them to the Beta Kindergarten.

At the Beta Kindergarten

The Warp Pad resonated and they stepped out of it.

(Peridot) See? It works! Now, all we have to do is find an injector, strip the correct parts from it, and the sequencer should be completed.