Chapter 17: False Fusion

"Cry for Help" But written differently.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven was watching TV but it suddenly started showing static. Weird, his dad paid the cable bill yesterday. Then, it started playing a weird frequency message.

[TV] On all frequencies... Peridot... This is Peridot. Transmitting on all frequencies from abandoned crystal system colony planet Earth to Yellow Diamond. My mission has been compromised. My escort and informant are gone, and I am now stranded. Please send help!

Static appeared and replayed the message.

(Steven) I'm going to assume that's bad for us.

(Pearl) Where would it be broadcasting?

(Garnet) There's only one place.

In a familiar location

Lion helped transported the gang to the location where the signal was being broadcast. This was the same atea Garnet and Amethyst formed Sugilite.

(Pearl) It looks like Peridot somehow repaired the communication hub. Well, at least some of it.

(Steven) We just have to destory it again. Do we need Sugilite?

(Amethyst) Well, uh, it's up to Garnet, I guess. What do you say? Shall we mash it up?

(Garnet) No.

(Amethyst) But... Don't we need to be huge like last time?

(Garnet) Last time was a disaster. Last time we fused, Sugilite went berserk. And it's because of her that we can't even Warp here anymore. We were lucky to have Steven separate us. I could be rash, you could be reckless, and we could both get carried away. So, for the time being, Sugilite is benched. What we need now is to be careful.

She looked in Pearl's direction.

(Garnet) It's you and me, Pearl. Let's fuse.

Pearl was a loss for words.

(Garnet) Don't cry, Pearl.

Pearl was excited. Steven rolled his eyes. Pearl and Garnet got their synchronized positions before their dance of fusion.

Now, they formed into Sardonyx.

(Sardonyx) Good evening, everybody! This is the lovely Sardonyx, coming to you live from the soon-to-be former communication hub. How are y'all doing tonight?

(Amethyst) (enthusiastically) Great...

(Steven) Fine.

(Sardonyx) Oh, my stars!

She picked up Steven.

(Sardonyx) If it isn't Steven Universe. The only human brave enough to fight with the Crystal Gems. We finally meet! So, what do you think? Was I worth the wait? What am I saying? Of course I was (Joyful laughter).

(Steven) You're articulated.

(Sardonyx) Well, aren't you the sweetest little charmer?

She used her spare hands to softly squish him playfully.

(Sardonyx) I could literally squish you right now. It would not be hard.

Steven was starting to feel uncomfortable. She moved her hands away and brought him to her face.

(Sardonyx) Sorry! I'm just so excited to be here. You see, I haven't exactly been myself lately (joyful laughter).

She noticed that Steven didn't smile or laugh.