15. I THOUGHT YOU DISAPPEARED

_________________________________

.

.

.

|| ANIKA KING ||

.

There's only one way to fix this."

"And that is?" Olivia quirked an eyebrow.

"Marriage."

Huh?

Is that all she knows?

"Wow Rubina, what a master plan!" Joanne clapped. "You know what else we could do?"

"What?" Rubina smiled at her most favorite person on earth.

"Pack you off to the looney bin you crawled out of." She stood up from her seat. "I am going to sleep."

"What do you mean?" Olivia also stood up. "Let's leave."

"And risk getting killed? No thanks." Joanne said. "And anyway, let's 'cooperate' with our well-wishers for tonight." She air-quoted and walked away.

Xander was about to follow her and probably threaten her when Rubina stopped him by placing her palm on his chest.

She turned to Olivia.

"Get some rest child." She smiled sweetly. "We will continue this discussion tomorrow."

Olivia didn't say anything and left, not before giving Stella a disgusted look which reduced the poor girl to tears.

Why was Rubina complicating the situation like this?

"Off to bed everyone." She hummed. As we all started to leave, Rubina caught Daniella by the arm. "I think you should go home today, love."

"But-"

"No buts."

Uh oh. If she's thinking what I think she is thinking, it is not going to be good.

.
.
.

Gregory had left the country on the evening of Stella and Anthony's wedding. He had gotten back only yesterday. And I didn't know he had returned so I had slept with Ava in her room.

But tonight, it was inevitable. He was going to confront me.

As much as I appreciated Joanne's gifts, the truth of me being an insomniac was bound to flare up an argument.

I took a deep breath as I picked up a teabag of the chamomile tea she had got me.

I was waiting for the water to boil when someone grabbed me by my shoulder. I gasped and practically jumped out of my skin. I turned around and held my chest, willing my heart to calm down when I realized it was my dear husband.

"I didn't mean to scare you." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. "What are you doing here this late?"

I pointed at the kettle behind me and the cup that sat at the counter in front of it.

"Oh, your tea for your insomnia." He said, almost mockingly. "Funny how you told someone you just met and never mentioned it to your husband to whom you've been married for almost four years now."

I wanted to laugh out loud at his tone. But I dare not. I didn't want to do anything to upset the Kings. I didn't want them taking my kid away from me.

"We never had a-" I wanted to say relationship, but again, I didn't want to upset him. "conversation where I could come up with it."