17

It was a new day, and as such comes new challenges. My current challenge was not being shaken to death as the large cherry mech I had come to see as somewhat of a best friend ran back and forth across the medbay in a panic. Why, you may ask? Because his partner in crime, who I had only briefly met on one occasion, was coming back after a long mission where he had been stationed in the mines to guard a large deposit of energon and the drones mining it.

The only time I had met this mech had been quick and shocking, just before he had been deployed, but one I hope to never forget.

× 2 Months Earlier ×

I stood poised at the edge of the desk, my makeshift obstacle course ahead of me. I had set up an array of different stunts to try, including items to scale, a thin beam to balance across, ropes to swing from, and finally a leap of faith from the end of my current desk to the edge of the next. Why would i put myself through all of this? Simply put, boredom.

I cleared my throat, speaking in my best announcer voice. "On your mark, contestants! Ready..." I leaned into my pose, "Set..." I took a deep breath, "GO!"

Shooting forward at the speed of light, I vaulted over the first item that reached my hips in height and continues onto the next. This one was up to my shoulders and with a running start, I leapt for it and hooked my fingers over the edge, swinging my legs over after.

Continuing forward, I came upon my next stunt. I had two Cybertronian sized datapads placed a good distance apart and between them was what I found and assumed to be their version of a pen or pencil. It was long and square in shape, about the width of one of my feet. Luckily, I had decent balance practice from being carried by moving bots all day. I leap forward and ran across on tiptoe, almost losing my balance halfway through before finishing it off.

I came next to the 'ropes' which were really some chains hanging in the room for whatever unknown reason. I grabbed the first firmly and stepped back a few feet, taking a deep breath. I pulled up my legs and jumped, swinging quickly towards the next. I reached out, ready to grab it. My fingers stretched, almost close enough to feel the cold of the metal. Almost... Almost..!

The sound of the door sliding open caught me off guard. My head turned to look and in that split second of lost focus, I slammed hard into the metal chains before me.

"Oof!"

I dropped to the floor. My back made contact, knocking the air out of my lungs. Oh God, that's twice as bad as the time I was pushed out of a tree... My eyes closed as my lungs gasped for air. My hands clung to my chest in a feeble attempt to aid the burn within it.

The clang of metal on metal drew my attention, even if I couldn't currently turn to acknowledge it.

"What in the pit is this? Why is there an organic here?!" A semi deep voice asked, I didn't recognise it.

They drew closer and as I finally found my breath and opened my eyes, I was greeted by a thick blue con with a redish orange face and yellow optics. Who the frag is this?

"Hey! Human, what're you doing here?" Big Bot asked as he roughly grabbed me from the floor. I only coughed in response to the new pressure being applied to my lungs.

He lifted me to his face and I stared into his optics, giving the best strained smile I could at the moment. He chuckled and bounced me in his servo roughly.

"I bet your one of those Autobot pets! Knockout plannin on dissecting you, isnt he?" He threw me up a few feet higher and I landed harder on my back, earning a rough gasp. He chuckled and tossed me hard towards the ceiling and I screamed, just as the door slid open again.

"BRYNN!"

Before I reached the ceiling and prepared myself to become nothing more than a splat, shiny silver servos plucked me out of the air and my path to a messy doom.

"Knockout, what'd you go and do that for? I was just having some fun with the pet." The voice grumbled.

I was held close to a warm metal chest, shaking and breathing quickly. The digits holding me smoothed out my hair and ran down my back in a calming manner as Knockout began yelling obscenities at his companion in what I could only assume to be cybertronian.

A few moments later, after everyone calmed down, Knockout pulled me away from his chest and looked me over with his ruby optics, checking for any major harm. I placed a hand on his digit and smiled softly. "I-Im okay" my voice broke.

I turned around and looked at the other con, who had fallen into a guilty stance with his helm and eyes low, and a servo behind his neck. "Hey... Sorry I tossed ya. I didn't know."

I stood up, dusted off my jeans and reached out a hand to him. He stared at it a moment in confusion before reaching out slowly and placing a large digit in my palm. "Apology accepted. My name is Brynn. We're good, so long as I don't get thrown around again. Deal?"

His lips quirked up. "Deal. Names Breakdown, little femme."

After that we talked a bit and got along well enough. He was only around for a few days before being sent back out again, but from what I picked up on he and Knockout had some sort of bromance partnership going on.

"Are you CERTAIN you havent seen my buffer?!" The cherry mech yelled for the third time. His stomping was causing me a serious headache.

"For the hundredth time, NO! And for Primus sake stop stomping around, your causing an earthquake in here!" The floor shook around me again and I fell off my bed, barely earning me a glance from the medic. I huffed and laid there, my blanket half covering me as the metal floor cooled my skin.

"Have you checked Starscream? He may have 'borrowed' it again." I groaned and pulled my pillow down to cover my face and messy hair.

Knockout stopped abruptly and turned to me. "That fragger! I told him not to touch my buffer! Why in the pit cant he just get his own?" He growled and stormed out of the Medway to track down his missing buffer and prepare for the arrival of his brother in arms.

Sighing, I let the dark coils of sleep pull me in again, leaving me in an empty void of unconsciousness.