05

In my dream, I was running from a hoard of people. They weren't really people, but more like people's shadows. Mere silhouettes. But these silhouettes were solid with glowing red eyes and they were grouped together, chasing me and screaming. This may sound like a terrible nightmare to some people but it had become normal for me. Every night I had this dream and it always ended in one of three ways. One, I fall or trip and get caught by the hoard and they tear me limb from limb. Two, I sink into the darkness around me and fall into a deeper, dreamless sleep. Or three, I'm woke by my alarm clock.

Today was different. I was being chased by the hoard, my legs were moving but it felt like I was running in water, so much effort but little success. They were catching up, and even though I've drempt this so many times before, it always scared me to no end. Suddenly i fell into the darkness and it felt like everything was closing in on me, constricting around me like a snake. I started screaming and thrashing, and it got tighter, but something thin and cold touched my face. I opened my eyes and realised I had woken up and my screams turned into sobs and sniffles as I looked around. I started screaming again when I saw a huge visor in my face and a giant thin claw like servo touching me.

I tried to move my hands to shield myself but I couldn't move, my arms were pinned to my sides. I thrashed around and looked down at myself. A large metal tentacle was wrapped around my body. "SILENCE! " I heard Megatron's voice yell and I shut up, my scream turning into a whimper. I looked up at the visor again, tears still streaming down my face from the dream and it showed a line. Suddenly Knockouts voice sounded from in front of me and a recording of his voice showed on the huge visor. "Watch the pet while I'm gone, would you Soundwave? She seems to shake while in power down and I don't know why yet. Keep her safe for me." The line disappeared and the recording ended.

I blinked for a moment and just stared. He watched me for a while as I calmed down and slowly but surely the tentacle unraveled itself and recoiled, leaving me on my own two feet. I stared for another second, processing the information. "Your name is.. Soundwave? " He nodded, it was small but noticeable. He watched me again in silence before I heard some of Knockouts recording again. "She seems to shake while in power down.... Why... " He took the two parts and I could tell the second was a question. "I get night terrors, nightmares... It's always the same, but I always get scared. " His visor titled to the side a moment and I took the time to wipe away my tears, my face already feeling warm icky and puffy.

He stood up straight, me realising he had been crouched down to look at me while I was on the floor. Soundwave was different from the other troops and drone-like bots I had seen. He was very tall with a slender frame. His arms looked like two long panels had been welded together with very thin fingers. His legs were shaped differently as well, with two bends instead of one, less like the legs of a person and more like an animals back legs, how they bend inward for the main part then forward again for the thigh. I sighed and rubbed my head, I'm thinking too into this. I sat down and pulled the blanket over my shoulders in a comforting way, yawning and rubbing my eyes. Soundwave looked back to watch me then walked over to the large monitor. One of his tentacles reached out and plugged into the desk and I watched curiously as many things flashed on the screen. Soundwave retracted it again a moment later and looked over at me. I tilted my head to the side as he crouched down again with one arm resting on his thigh while the other pointed at me with a thin digit. I gave him a confused look, what did he want? Did I do something? The visor turned on and started flashing information about insomnia. "Ooooooh yeah, I have insomnia and whenever I DO sleep, I toss and turn and have nightmares. " He nodded his head once and a robot voice sounded "Information accepted, added to records on human 'Brynn' and sent to Knockout" My eyes widened slightly. He told Knockout?! That's my business not his... I frowned and crossed my arms, pulling he blanket closer. "You could have asked first... " I grumbled quietly and fiddled with my clothes, rubbing the hem of my pants between two fingers. Rubbing always soothed me.

Long thin digits surrounded me and I looked up startled when Soundwave picked me up, resting me in his palm with the blanket. He looked down at me and played his record of me saying sleep, so I sighed dramatically and took the chance to curl up again, his metal palm surprisingly warm. For once, my brain quickly calmed and quieted and I drifted asleep in the hand of the cybertronian.

• × • A/N • × •

Thank you guys so much for the support, your reads and votes mean everything to me. Those of you who have commented, it makes me so happy to see people interested in my book. 158 reads, omg I'm so happy thank you guys. I know I'm not the best writer and I don't have a specific schedule but I write when I can and I write what I as a reader wanna see, so I hope you guys enjoy.