13

Today, Knockout gave me some of the money he won from racing and Megatron gave me the okay to visit a small town in Florida for the day. I planned on going to the store to grab some new things and food, and maybe even go swimming in the ocean because I hadn't done that in forever. Of course, Soundwave had placed a tracker on me and a servalance device but I didn't really mind, as long as I didn't get kidnapped by those boring old Autobots again.

I exited the ground bridge a mile from town on the side of the road and began my walk. The trees all over were different than I usually saw in Texas and I got to see some wildlife on the way, but it didn't take too long to start seeing gas stations and houses. I avoided eye contact with anyone I passed and my anxiety made me tense everytime I saw a car. Keeping my eyes open for any familiar vehicles with that classic logo, I made my way into the nearest Walmart. I scanned the isles and picked up only the things that were necessary, like mangos, strawberries, razberries, apples... Ok yeah basically just fruit.

I took a left and skipped towards the clothes and body care. A grin slipped onto my face, my sneakers squeaking with a stop. I pulled a few personal items off the shelf before my eyes landed on something and an idea popped in my head. I grabbed a few and went to the clothes, taking only a few outfits. One for comfort, some sweats and crop tops, a black strapless one-piece with red riming, and deep purple dress, tight and halfway up my thigh, one long sleeve arm and backless. I needed some way to look and feel confident for once.

I made my way out of the store after paying for everything and caught a cab down to the beach. I found a bathroom and changed into my new suit, when I came out I looked into the mirror. The pink had faded from my hair by now, leaving it a short ombre of brown fading to blonde. My eyes we're still there same vibrant forest green, but now they had a spark. Something different. I finally had my will back. I smiled softly, adjusting the top of my suit and pulling back my hair into a ponytail.

When I left the bathroom, I made my way down the sidewalk to the beach. I put down my bags and took a while to just enjoy the sun, the people, and the water. I don't know when the next time I'll get to go out will be, so I chose not to think about it.

•  × Time skip ×  •

After a few more hours, I had finished with my 'exciting' day out. I called Sound and he sent me a ground bridge outside of town. When I got back I saw him waiting for me with Starscream so I smiled and greated the two. Soundwave sent out a tentacle and reached out to touch it. Starscream looked away and scoffed, clearly not liking being left out. I waved him over and when he nealed down I stepped onto his servos and we star walking to the medbay. "So, what did you guys do to entertain yourselves without me to keep you company?"

Screamers face turned a light blue and he only growled in response. My eyes narrowed and I huffed, looking between the two. "Really? Sound doesn't speak but you just chose to ignore me. That's just not right." I turn away from his and Soundwave looks over at us for a moment but just kept walking. When we got to the medbay, Knockout was there and helped by moving my bags with the rest of my stuff. I took a seat at the edge of the work desk before them and smiled. Knockout and Screamer moved to face me while Soundwave just stood back and watched. "So, there's something I found at the store that I think you guys should help me try. Pleases don't say no before you here me out!"

The bots moved closer to listen as I dug through my bags and pulled out a large tube of peal away face mask. I can back and showed them, passing it to Knockout. "So what exactly is this?" He asked after handing it off to the others. "Well, it's like this thick paste stuff that you put on your face and you let it dry. Different kinds do different things, but this one is a hydrating and revitalizing mask. Once it dries you peal it off and your skin is healthier and looks nice. People do it because it's relaxing and you can just chill out while it dries. Look, I even got cucumber for our eyes! " I pulled out the vegetables and grinned at the three.

After much convincing, and maybe a little crying, I finally got the three to agree and wear the masks with me. I was being lifted to Knockout's face while holding three bottles on face mask, I already had mine on so I learned forward and opened the first bottle. I lathered the gray goo onto his face plates and watched as his face scrunched up in disgust. "This feels absolutely horrible, Brynn" I giggled as I finished plastering it over his forehead. I pulled some large slices of cucumber and placed down multiple to cover his closed optics.

I moved from KO's servo to Starscream and the first thing I did was squirt the good over where his nose would be. I grinned as he glared at me and I began smoothing it around. His reaction was the same, but I made sure to wipe it over his red head spike as revenge for ignoring me. He growled and I just stuck my tongue out before covering his eyes and moving on to Soundwave.

I had the radio playing in the background and as I stood there a moment, thinking of how this would work without his face, he gently tapped my shoulder making me look up. He held a digit to his visor in quieting motion and slowly lifted it off and smiled at me. I grinned and gently applied his mask before he slid his visor back over it.

We all relaxed for the rest of the evening and watching them pull of their masks was the funniest thing. I turned on a movie and while Starscream and Soundwave had to work, me and Knockout hung out and watched it.