Life & Death(REQUEST)

Start from the beginning

"I over heard some mortals talking about how you grant wishes." His smile dropped slightly"...I see..."I noticed Hanako had choppy dark brown hair,pale skin,one his right cheek was a red and white seal,and he wore a old school uniform. His eyes were amber,his eyes were special to him. They say eyes are the gate way to the soul,though when you look into peoples eyes you can barely make out their emotions. But with Hanako,it was clear that he was sad and uncomfortable with what I said. "H-Hanako?" I stuttered making him glance at me before shaking his head and his smile returned.

"That's correct I grant wishes. So,what's your wish F/N?" I started to play with my fingers"I was actually wondering if you could maybe help me figure out myself?" He gave me a confused look"explain." I nod"well,the thing is I don't remember anything about how I died. Much less my name." He nods"do you have any memories?" I nod"yea,I remember parts of my school and home life. Just everything else is a blur." Hanako hums as he nods"alrighty,well I'll help you F/N."

Small time skip

Hanako and I floated around the school"so,did you 'wake up' outside the school?" I nod"so you must've died recently...by chance do you remember what happened yesterday? Or the day before you died?" I shake my head"do you remember any friends?" I nod"yea." I say"ok who?" He asks"a boy...his name was...was uh...Mistuba...?" I hum"Mitsuba..."Hanako repeats"does Mitsuba go to this school?" I shake my head"he goes to the middle school division. I remember having to attend his funeral not to long ago." I state"so he's dead,do you know how he died?"

"Yea,it was a accident near the school." Hanako grabs my hand"alright!" He smiles"to the middle school!"

We made our way over to the middle school,it looked pretty identical to the high school for the most part,though there seemed to be less shoe lockers. "Where do you think we can find this Mitsuba boy?" I shrug"I have no idea. I can find him on my own if you want. I'll ask him if he knows anything." Hanako nods and then floats away.

"Alright,time to find Mitsuba..."I went around the school trying to find the boy but sadly no luck. "This sucks." I groaned as I made my way towards the school exit but then I saw a pink haired boy leaning on the shoe locker. "Mitsuba...?" I called out making the pink haired look up. "Y/N...?" He muttered his eyes slightly wide"ah! You know my name!" I exclaim rushing to the boy and tackling him in hug. He quickly pushed me off though"nice to see you again loud a**." He says"l-loud a**?" He nods and then leans back against the lockers"I haven't seen you in a while loud a**. Actually,why are you here?" He asks"uh well...apparently I died...and I was gonna ask if you knew how I did?" Mitsuba stays quiet before shaking his head"got no idea. Sorry." I nod"it's fine. It was nice seeing you. I'll visit you again!" I say waving goodbye to the boy and heading back the high school.

"Hanako!" I yelled in the bathroom making Hanako appear"oh hey F/N,find him?" I nod"yea,he knew my name. He called me Y/N and loud a**." Hanako let's out a soft giggle"it's not funny!" He nods and then crosses his arms"well at least you know you're name now. But still no luck on your death?" I shook my head"no sadly..."he then grabs my head making me look at him"I had the idea we could sneak into Tsuchigomori's library to check." He says as I feel my cheeks heat up"Tsuchigomori...?" He nods letting go of my cheeks"he's a teacher here who just happens to be a school mystery. I bet if we go there we can find a book on you. You were a student here,right?" I nod"alright,so then he should have a book on you."

He grabs my hand and drags me to school library. "Is that the book shelf?" He shakes his head"nope! There's a door behind it,just gotta figure out how to get in without it being 4pm." I gave him a confused look"the time matters?" He nods"actually,we could probably go right threw it since were ghosts."

He grabs my hand and we float through the door. On the other side was a library,shelves lined the walls,a few couches were spread about the place and lastly water was on the floor. "Water?" He nods floating over to a wall of black books"help me scan these books." He states"why?" He looks over at me"the black books are the people who have died,if you're telling the truth you should have a name here." I nod and start to scan the books"they seen to be alphabetical order." I point out"well since we don't know your last name,this is gonna be long search."

I scanned the books and saw two names that stood out to me:
Amane Yugi
Tsukasa Yugi

"Hey Hanako,these two were siblings." I said"how'd you think they died?" I asked pulling out the two books as Hanako looks over to me,his eyes showed discomfort"I don't know,but it's probably best if you don't look in them. That's not what we are here for anyways. S-So just put them b-back!" His reply was quick and to the point,he seemed sorta scared as he turned back to his side of the book shelf.

I hummed and then sighed"you win." I say sliding the books back into their place"besides,we don't want Tsuchigomori to know we were in here. He wouldn't be please with me..."I nod and go back to scanning the books.

"Y/N! I found yours!" Hanako exclaims holding up the black book"woah! You did?!" I go over to him and he hands me the book,I quickly find a place to sit and flip it open. The table of contents was the first few pages.

Childhood(pg.xxx-pg.xxx)
Elementary School Life(pg.xxx-pg.xxx)
Middle School Life(pg.xxx-pg.xxx)
High School Life(pg.xxx-pg.xxx)

I quickly flipped to the page and felt someone next to me,I knew it was Hanako. "High school life!" I say scanning all the pages. Each page was filled with a brand new day,almost like diary entries.

Some of the entries I remembers happening,like my first day of school,the day I got detention for something I didn't do etc. "All of these seem to be on point..."I trailed off as I continued to look,I noticed that the book was getting to a end. "We must be getting close." Hanako says next to me as I nod.

April xx,xxxx
Y/N L/N dies by jumping off the roof of the old school building.

My eyes widened as the book fell to the floor. I felt my throat close up on me slowly,it was getting hard to breathe(though I didn't need to breathe),I started shaking really bad. I soon felt arms wrap around me"Y/N,what did you read?" Hanako whispers"I-I-I...I-I know ho-how I died..."I muttered the tears starting to fall. I felt someone pet my hair"it's alright. Shhh...I'm here it's ok. You're ok." He told me as I continued to cry. He was helping me a lot,this situation seemed familiar...but from where?

"A-Are you ok...?" He asks me I nod into his chest"good." He pulls away and I look up at him. "I'm glad you're ok now Y/N." I nod"you're eyes all red and puffy now." He giggles"it's so cute." I felt my cheeks burn as I forced a smile onto my face"I'll take good care of you Y/N. If you allow me to." I watch him get up and walk over to the book that was now soaked on the floor,he picks it up. "Hopefully this drys before Tsuchigomori comes in here." He states walking back over to book shelf and placing it into his correct spot.

I see him look over to some books before shaking his head and walking back to me. "Come on-"he says offering me his hand"let's head back to my boundary." I take his offer and he wraps his arm around my waist making me blush a little.

Hanako and I made our way back to his boundary(which I'm guessing is the bathroom). "Hanako...I allow you to take care of me..."I whisper as he hums looking at me"nothing,nothing..."

For some reason,I felt complete now.

Was it the fact I now know how I died?

Was it Hanako?

I'm not really sure,but whatever it was...I'm happy to go on with my afterlife.