Chapter 11 - Identity

Mulai dari awal

"No. Far from it." Himoko reached up to her collarbones, untying her cloak swiftly before pulling it off, revealing more of her clothing, along with the royal crest that was embroidered on the left side of her chest.

"I am Princess Himoko of Omashu, 'Pappy' is King Bumi." Seren stared up at her in stunned silence, not expecting this type of information to be what Si- Princess Himoko wanted to tell her. Seren began to pull things together when they first met, how uneasy Himoko was, how on the whim of telling her name was, 'Siren'. She used to look back at the start of their relationship fondly but now- It was centered around lies of her identity.

The girl wanted to yell and scream at her for lying to her like that, but she couldn't for two reasons- One, Himoko wasn't a regular person anymore, never has been. She would rather not offend a member of the Royal Family and be beheaded for it. Two... Himoko had every reason to keep it from her. Himoko was royalty, and if she was brought here in secret- There was a good reason for why she lied.

But that didn't mean Seren was going to forgive her for lying to her, she still held that right.

"I'm sorry for lying to you, Seren. But I unfortunately had to."

"Why couldn't you just tell me upfront?"

"Tomorrow is the day I am announced that I arrived in the city. The story will be that I came from Omashu along with my people after the city fell."

"O- Omashu has fallen?" Himoko nodded, taking a deep breath. "Yes. It fell weeks ago and was renamed, 'New Ozai' by the Fire Nation. King Bumi is still there as their prisoner. I don't know if he is staying there willingly or if his old age has finally caught up to him."

"I'm sorry to hear that..." Seren frowned, seeing the degected look on Himoko's face.

"I was travelling with the Avatar. I was up at the Northern Water Tribe when I received orders from my grandfather to journey to Ba Sing Se and to tell no one. It was to keep the Crowned Princess safe- The inevitable new ruler of Omashu if Pappy falls with his city." Himoko messed with the bracelet around her wrist, shifting side to side with a small bounce on her heels nervously.

"We were ambushed before we entered the city. They couldn't announce my arrival a few days afterwards like usual protocol since somehow the Fire Nation caught wind of me entering the city. Tomorrow, I plan on visiting the city, 'for the first time'." Himoko joked as she used air quotes, glad to see Seren smile in amusement. "Tomorrow. As luck would have it, my people from Omashu arrived today, and is set to be settled in tomorrow. Currently they are resting tonight on the outskirts of the city. It became a good cover up story for me. Only the palace guards, the Dai Li Agents, the palace staff, and my cousin and royal advisor know that I am here."

"Please don't tell me that you are going to turn me in-" Himoko hurriedly shakes her head, hearing the panic in her voice as Seren stands up abruptly. "No no no! I would never do that. What is happening in this city is wrong. I plan on making it right during my time here. Being a resident of the palace right now has its perks. But I do have to be careful. Royal Advisor Long Feng already suspects that I am up to something." The princess stated as quick as she could, while projecting her voice to get her point across.

Seren breathed a sigh of relief, rubbing off her face as she stared off at the sun that was in the last minutes of being scene over the horizon. Darkness falling over them.

"I will be visiting Ba Sing Se and all of it's rings tomorrow afternoon. If you see me, you won't be able to approach me. But I am allowed to approach you if needed. The both of us will have to act as if it is our first meeting to not raise any suspicions." Seren nodded, letting out another sigh.