twenty: mistake?

"Damn, why Reece, did you have to throw the paper out of the stupid window? You could've threw it into Ace's room or something," I muttered, leaning over the window to get a better view of the ground and looking for the piece of paper.

Ace nodded, agreeing with me. I didn't even want to look at him after I found out Ace and Holly slept with each other before. Reece widened his jaw and frowned at me, lighting his cigarette up.

It was two hours after Holly and Jessica left. Right now it was midnight. Or well, one o' clock.

"Hey! At least I fucking did something instead of just standing there gaping at Jessica. She would've opened it up if it weren't for me you dickhead," Reece muttered, taking a inhale of the stick. "Stop blaming it on me. By the way Ace, Holly and y'all really fuck in public?" Reece made a disgusted face.

I widened my eyes and boiled inside, not able to make eye contact with Ace.

"Fuck off," Ace muttered. I hated Holly. It was the day I met Ace. So, Holly was never a best friend. She never told me about having anything to do with Ace, from the start.

"Holy shit," Reece mumbled.

Ace got off the bed and walked over to the window sill, where I stood, peering over the edge of the sill. "What's wrong?" he asked, peering down too. A few minutes later he looked up at me and we both shared horrified expressions. Reece panicked, taking his cigarette out of his mouth.

"What is going on? Why are you so petrified?" he asked. Reece shuffled over to us and looked over the edge of the window sill. He frowned and peered closer, squinting his eyes in progress. I watched as his frowning expression turned into a horrid facial expression.

"Oh crap," he mumbled, biting his lip.

The paper was gone.

***

"Get your balaclava on now," Ace demanded to Reece. Reece nodded and shoved his over his face. The holes in the black balaclava showed his eyes and mouth. "You too, cupcake." I nodded, feeling sick too and pulled mine over my head.

Once I had gotten mine on, I walked over to my wardrobe, seeing a set of plain black leggings. I looked down at what I was wearing then. A flowery skirt with tights. Not good when you're going out to trash someone's house Vicky.

I snatched it out of the wardrobe and walked into my closet, closing the door and stripping out of my shorts. I slipped on the black leggings and opened the door, seeing Ace and Reece waiting for me, impatiently.

"Bout time, Vick," Reece retorted, shaking his head and roaming his eyes up and down my legs. I looked at Ace and he had his gaze focused on my behind. I crossed my arms over my chest but he only licked his lips.

"Victoria don't cross your arms over your chest," Reece said, shaking his head with laughter. "It reveals more cleavage."

Ace snapped out of his trance and frowned, shaking his head. "Shut up, Reece." Reece rolled his eyes and inhaled another smoke. I looked own at my chest and uncrossed my arms. Oh, I guess Reece was right.

After we got ready, we all left the house with a black bag each. We loaded the car up and all piled in, letting out a sigh. My heart rate paced faster as we got closer to Holly's house. Every house we passed, looked so peaceful, I couldn't imagine breaking into Holly's house and stealing her things. I took a deep breath in and whilst Reece was driving, Ace placed his hand on my thigh, rubbing his thumb in circles. I looked down at his hand and expected him to move it but he was looking the other way and didn't see me looking down.

I sighed. Him and Holly was in the past. It wasn't like he cheated on me or something but that didn't help the fact that I saw him differently now.

"Holy crap. I can't believe I'm doing this," I murmured. Ace turned to look at me and removed his hand from my thigh.

Ace looked at me in the eyes. "If you don't want to, we could always turn back and leave without you if that makes you better," he whispered soothingly. I shook my head and told him that I was capable of doing this. He nodded and hugged me, kissing the top of my head and whispering things that made me giddy.

Reece kept quiet throughout the entire ride to Holly's house, apart from saying things like 'get a fucking room guys' whenever Ace and I made out at random times.

"We're here."

I looked up out of the window and found that we were parked a few blocks away from Holly's house. I took a deep breath and took off my seat belt, shuffling over on the seat and getting out of the car with my black bag. Ace got out of the car the other way and bit his lip, looking at me with a concerned expression. I pecked his lips and the three of us creeped down the street.

The gate to Holly's house creaked loudly. We tiptoed on the pebbles outside in her garden and I looked at the backdoor, my heart beating quickly, I thought it would burst out of my chest and land on Mars.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out the spare key Holly had given to me when we were still best friends, so she wouldn't have to open the door for me. I guess she didn't take it back, perhaps she had just forgotten about it altogether.

I licked my lips at Reece and Ace with a straight face and my heart beat raced when I unlocked the door quietly.

Was I stupid? Would this get me anywhere? Did Holly deserve this?

I honestly didn't know. And honestly I could care less. I shrugged my shoulders to myself and the three of us entered the house.