six: secrets (2)

"Do you want to play the question game? I'll ask you a question, then you answer it. Then vise-versa," I asked, biting my nail s since there was no way out of this storeroom. Ace shuffled behind me, his back was pressed up against the hard wall, which probably was very uncomfortable.

We were both still locked inside the very dark storeroom. It was a little scary but it was less scarier knowing that Ace was behind me. Just when will that damn caretaker whistle down the hallways and open up the storeroom for us to break free?

Not the time for Ariana Grande lyrics, Vicky.

I sighed. It seemed like I was in an uncomfortable position, definitely for Ace, but I wasn't. However, I was actually perfectly fine leant up against Ace's front, maybe he liked it too. While I was thinking weird thoughts, Ace replied to my game question.

"Who the fuck plays games like that anymore?" Ace's voice sprang in my ears. No, literally. His mouth was basically pressed up tight to the back of my head, or ear and I could hear every single word clearly, even if it was slightly muffled by my hair.

I sighed again. "Shut up and play it. This is our only chance of survival," I said, hushed. "Okay, let's see. So... Ace... How many girlfriends have you had in your past?"

I didn't know where the sudden outburst of confidence came from but it was definitely there, bubbling inside me and when Ace didn't answer, my shoulders dropped and so did my face, but he couldn't see that.

"Come on, just answer. I'll tell you that I've never been with anybody before," I suggested.

Ace was silent so maybe he was in shock-- I couldn't really tell. Then he finally replied.

"Fine, I've been with two or three, I don't count the third one to be serious," he muttered.

I frowned and turned around, shifting a lot so I wouldn't be too close to him but my face was still really close to Ace's perfect face and I could see his expression no matter how hard I tried to step back. A face that looked flustered, or more annoyed.

"Really?" I asked. He nodded and smirked.

"My turn," he mumbled, shutting his eyes a little. "Have you ever kissed somwonw or nah?"

I was in the middle of shuffling back so that my back was facing his front so it wouldn't be too awkward, when I started to cough. A fake cough. "What do you mean?" I asked, acting innocent. "And why would I tell you that?"

"If you're asking me why you would answer that, that means you know what it means," he scoffed. He didn't sound angry. Maybe somewhat amusement mixed with annoyance. "Answer."

"No," I said finally. Which was true. I was a very good girl after all and I'd never had a boyfriend.

Ace made a sound. "You're so innocent," he chuckled. I rolled my eyes and kind of didn't like the fact that he couldn't see me rolling my eyes. This was due to two reasons.

Reason number one was because it was extremely dark and I didn't know when the power was to turn back on.

And secondly, I was facing the other way. He was facing the back of my head so how on earth could he see my roll of eyes? (I just needed to crane my neck and roll my eyes at him.)

Ace made a sound. "Your turn."

Hmm, he was acctually cooperating with my silly game. Okay, what was there to ask? Did he have a current favourite book, movie? Did he have any fears? What about any hobbies? How about something talents?

"Why am I even playing this silly ass game with cupcake?" he asked. I spoke too soon. His hands snaked in front of me and I raised eyebrows, curious to what he was doing. "Are you scared?" he asked with a low voice.

I snorted. "No, why would I be?" My voice quivered a little. Yeah, I was a tiny bit afraid. If Ace wasn't behind me and I was stuck in this storeroom, all by myself with the lights turned off, I'd be pissing myself scared to hell. Ace was technically a sort of hero right then.

"I know you're scared."

"I'm not. Though if I were alone, I'd be scared but I'm not-- so, not really," I answered, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Ow!" he whined, rubbing his side.

Oops. I had accidentally elbowed him. In such a small space it really wouldn't be a surprise if I elbowed him while trying to cross my freaking arms over my freaking chest. Also, I was surprised to how much a stranger since last night and I were bonding so easily. Hmm, the powers of a dark storeroom...

Ace's arms then fastened themselves around my waist. Wow, he was really bored. I jumped in surprise, trying to pry his muscular arms out from the grip aroumd me but he wouldn't budge. I tried again but he only tightened his grip so I stopped. He leant his chin on my shoulder and since he was way taller, he had to hunch over a little to do so and I squirmed.

"What are you doing?!" I exclaimed, trying to turn around to face him. He only tightened his grip and I actually thought he was going to squeeze me to death so he could get out of this storeroom faster.

"I'm cold," he said blunlty. When I didn't answer-- due to the fact that I'd never been this close to a hot guy over 6' not related to me-- he continued. "I'm just finding a way to spread body heat. You're hot; I could cuddle you and then I'd be warm."

And even though he said I was pretty hot as in temperature, I still blushed and was glad he couldn't see my face in the dark, unless he had super power eyes. Oh no, what if his eyes had already adjusted to the darkness? My eyes took a long time to adjust to the darkness so I only saw pitch black. I'm serious, I just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

"This is good," Ace mumbled and didn't loosen his grip. Great, so now Ace and I were trapped in the storeroom and we were hugging, to spread warmth?

"Is it my turn?" I asked Ace, trying to make myself less flustered by changing the topic.

I felt his shoulders shrug.

"I forgot. You go anyway."

"Okay, why were you arguing really loud the other day with your parents?" I asked. Ace didn't answer that. He was silent as if I hadn't asked anything.

There's a secret I need to unlock from him-- no pushing though.